Posted 25 March 2024

Non-Teflon air fryer?

Does anyone know of an air-fryer that has no teflon at all in it? The alternatives I have found with Google seem to be Halgon cookers without teflon, but I want an air-fryer that does not have teflon.
Community Updates
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Thanks. Will look at reviews and email them.
    Ninja 15 in 1
    Author
    Thanks. A bit pricey. I might email the company about smaller units.
    Author
    Just to reply to my own thread. A non teflon BPA / PFOA free air fryer came up on HUKD from Amazon Germany. It is a Hisense 1700w 5L Air Fryer. I Purchased today and hope the description is accurate.
    5 litres is tiny. OK for one person I suppose
    I can't see the difference in halogen oven and air fryers. Not for the cooking part...
    We dumped a halogen oven for an air fryer and I argued the case they are the same thing.
    That's a fan blowing hot air.
    I got over ruled by the house head chef. Maybe I'm full of hot air.. ha
    I have an old halogen oven and prefer it to the air fryer my daughter talked me into buying . Air fryer is now up for sale . Air fryers are are overhyped and the non stick coating on most models is very thin and fragile !
    Cancer scares are endless in the media. Drive us all mad with anxiety
    Author
    True, but some of them I take more seriously than others.
    How about using a silicon or paper liner inside the air fryer?
    Author
    I googled. Many are not well known brands or halogen. The ones On Amazon sometimes contain Teflon despite coming up in search as non-Teflon.
    Maybe the glass halogen ovens have Teflon round tray. Ours did. Maybe the oven doesn't have any teflon inside?
    You could use tin foil or find a metal tray that would fit.
    Also those microwave looking air fryers are probably the same so you could substitute any teflon trays.

You could also cover the teflon with tin foil and use the supplied trays?

Have you watched any reviews on YouTube regarding teflon in machines? (edited)
    I actually understand the OPs concern. I don't know if you have seen the film Dark Waters that came out a few years ago. Although the chemical has since been removed from 2013 it doesn't change the fact that companies lie & probably still do about the health hazards of chemicals used in their products for the sake of profit.

In which case it is probably wise to try to avoid exposure to all products involving food & drink consumption involving man made chemicals.

Bit of a rant & I am sure you know that already.
    As a matter of interest, why don't you want Teflon?
    Author
    The compounds associated with Teflon (PFAs and PFOAs) can be found in the bloodstream and some say they can cause cancer and other health issues. It also breaks away on frying pans. I used to get headaches many years ago from chip pans that had teflon, but I cannot say for sure that the headaches were a attributable to the teflon.
's avatar