Posted 12 December 2022

Now TV with Freeview

Just cancelled Sky as they are a rip off. I’m going to get NOW TV, but reading up on it, it seems you don’t get Freeview channels on it. What is the most seamless way of getting NOW TV with Freeview? Currently I’m going to have to switch between Freeview and NOW TV which is going to be annoying.
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    [deleted]
    Author
    Thank you, I wasent aware of the second option. I have had a look, but it seems like BT force you to get broadband to get the TV? Can't get TV on it's own.
    Find a blue now tv box on Facebook job done!
    Yep these are great. Got a big old lg tv and for some reason the reciever for freeview became faulty. Ended up buying a new tv for the lounge but when i found out about these boxes i got one and put it in the kitchen with the lg. Still got it 4 years later.
    Antenna into back of LG Smart TV or Samdung Smart TV or Sony Android TV or some other smart TVs with integral Now app is about as seamless as you can get.
    Author
    Don’t have a smart TV unfortunately. Even if I did, it would still require switching between Freeview and the NOW TV App.
    Did you know Sky also own Now TV ?

Go on the Sky web site and open up the "chat" option.

Say you have just cancelled Sky but considering coming back but are really hard up / broke.

If you haggle enough they will drop the price a lot (or give you movies or sports for free for example).

There is no FIXED price for Sky channels, they will give big discounts to keep a customer.

Worth a try. (edited)
    What usually happens is you spend half a day ringing/on chat and getting various prices off different retention staff till you find one that's a little more reasonable and accept, then most of what you 'save' gets added again in April when they put the prices up. Seems to be a ongoing battle not against the price you pay but the price your going to also pay in a few months.

You can get it cheaper but it can get draining going through the same questions/queries over and over. (edited)
    I have Freeview tv with Roku box for all my other streaming apps on one little box.
    Why do u want now tv
    Author
    I’ll be getting the entertainment package. Similar channels to what I used to watch on Sky, but way cheaper.
's avatar