Posted 3 hours ago

Proton VPN and family

What experience does anyone have of the Proton VPN? My Surfshark renewal is due soon, and it has served well, but as I currently use the free versions of the Proton family of products, and want to know if it's worth the outlay to buy into the system.
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you missed the Windscribe deal?
    Author
    I am happy with Surfshark, especially when I can get it for £12 for 2 years, or whatever the TCB deal is currently.
    I was looking for personal experience of a paid plan on Proton. I can try out their free plan, but is it is restricted on speed, and server capacity and locations. As such it could not offer a true representation of what could happen. I like their thoughts on privacy, and wanted to know if they were worth supporting.
    Online reviews tend to have a sponsor somewhere
    If considering £12 for two years, maybe consider alternative of one-off £19.40 for lifetime of 15 simultaneous connections (where any one or all of those 15 can be routers feeding multiple downstream devices) with split-tunneling, p2p-friendly servers, etc.
    Lifetime (of company) concept credible as same provider also has monthly & annual subs/customers.
    Attracts marmite opinion, with many of the haters bizarrely never having used the service and/or choosing to have blinkered recollection of reviews.

Deal + discount code still seems to be achievable at time of post:
    hotukdeals.com/dea…998