Posted 6 April 2024

Rechargeable batteries for Xbox controller

Hi, I'm looking for rechargeable batteries for my Xbox controller. Do you have any recommendations. Appreciate your help 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I bought the official Microsoft battery packs, however they are beginning to lose their capacity. I tried Venom ones and tried their docking solutions. However the USB ports have become lose and unreliable over time. So I finally bought a set of rechargeable AAs from Ikea and an external charger - seems to be the best solution - 2 always on charge and 2 in the controller...
    Author
    Thanks for your reply, mate... I bought ladda rechargeable batteries from Ikea myself now. Let's see how long they last
    I’ve always just used the venom ones. They seem to last a good while and are relatively cheap to buy a pair
    i use varta in mine got them from screwfix last year still going strong think it was 4 for 6 quid dont no how much they are now
    Best ones are these from Amazon. Literally swap in, swap out and just keep the charger plugged into the Xbox USB port. Have 3 of these for my kids and have lasted nearly 2 years with no issues. Just make sure you get the 5220mwh as they last ages compared to alot of the 2600 ones.
    amazon.co.uk/Rec…c=1 (edited)
    Your question really is what is the best AA battery. And as pointed out. The IKEA batteries are hard to beat, and readily available
    I've been using these venom rechargeable batteries and dock, I've used them for over a year now. Each battery roughly lasts me between 6-7 hours.

I like them because you put the battery pack into the back of the controller and attach the cover they provide on the back. All you have to do to charge it is place it on the dock, no taking the batteries out.

Venom Twin Charging Dock with 2 x Rechargeable Battery Packs - Black (Xbox Series X & S/Xbox One) amzn.eu/d/b…bmD
    Essentially just AA batteries right? just use some high capacity duracell ones?
's avatar