Posted 18 hours ago

Samsung DEX - Never seems to work properly on LG OLED

So i realised that i got something called Samsung DEX.

I've tried different adapters but they seem to display at 4k 30hz - resolution at 4096x2160 rather than the bog standard 4k 3840 × 2160.

No wonder i cant get 4k 60hz!

What is the issue, the TV, the adapter or my pure stupidity? With all these hub deals here must be one out there that works?
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Could be the adapter, I've got one I use to play CoD mobile.
    What you wanting to do on Dex?
    Author
    i wanna do emulation and probably some photo editing.
    Even in the unusual circumstance that the Samsung software only works with specific resolutions it'd be weird to support 4096x2160 and not the much more common 3840x2160.

It's much more likely to just be a bandwidth limitation.

Whether that's on the phone of the converter is impossible to say without the models of them but it could plausibly be either (or both). 4K is very demanding and is well into diminishing returns territory so it's not something the industry has rushed universal support for.
    Author
    the DEX reports 3840x2160, its the TV that is displaying it as 4096x2160. It must be either one of the three, TV, hub or DEX itself.
    Have you tried it via WiFi instead of using an adaptor?
    Author
    yeah wifi just stuck at "FHD"
    I have this problem with my pc sometimes and Nvidia upscaling. I have to go into some settings and delete some of the supported resolutions from my pc side. . I think it is called EID? Anyhow. I don't know how to do this in android but it's a common problem as the TV is maxing out for a different standard. (edited)
    Author
    yeah, i fixed this on my lg using CRU software. Cant do that with the DEX though.
's avatar