Posted 11 February 2024

Sky Tv Resign

I’m at that time again where Sky Tv contract is about to expire and they plan on moving it from £35 a month to £71 a month from April and wondered what sort of success are people having getting decent resign deals from Sky?

my first go via a texting service was pathetic and wondered if it’s still the usual case of cancelling and waiting for a phone call with a decent offer?

I only have Sky Q with sports and entertainment packs

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Read this thread from the last comment & backwards. It has all the information you want. People have been using it for years.

hotukdeals.com/dis…391
    Broadband only and a firestick cancel tv license to pay for your 4k stick and couple of years subscription..
    I thought you were announcing your resignation from Sky, similar to Klopp from Liverpool
    As far as I've heard you need to actually go through with the cancellation (ie let your TV get cut off) before they'll give the best deals now, as they've largely started playing hard ball with negotiating before that. Afterwards they either send a text/email or send the winback team number with the equipment return packaging, which you might have success with. Some people have had to wait for the letters through the post come begging them to come back before they got a good deal though, seems to vary.
    They seem to be getting more ruthless with this - the offers I had were dire before cancellation (all +50% minimum on what I was paying). However, within days of the actual cancellation going through and they are amazing! However, I've decided I can manage without at the moment so ignoring them all.
    Spoke to retentions on live chat a few days ago and the offer was terrible - actually more than I was already paying but less than the upcoming April price rise.

When they asked me to confirm I wanted to cancel, I thought I’d just leave it as is while I look at other options but the chat crashed and they cancelled it anyway.

I then spoke to cancellations team who were adamant they offer the best deals - they offered essentially the same so I asked them just to reverse the cancellation but not renew my contract, which they said they’d done.

Checked my account the next day and they’ve removed all discounts so my bill has increased by over 50%. Contacted them again to tell them how unhappy I was and they weren’t remotely interested so I have cancelled. (edited)
    52272272-TKdaA.jpg
's avatar