Posted 6 December 2023

transfer apps/data from iPhone to Android. and vice versa

Hi
I really hope you can help please.
I will be moving from an iPhone 7 to a pixel 8
and some cheap Vodafone tat, I can’t remember the name of, to the iPhone 7

I have read things on Google, about getting an app, I think is called, move to android, and switch to iOS.
it looks pretty straight forward, but I’m confused when it comes to the SIM card?

do I need 2 sims? one in each phone, to do the transfer?
or is it just easier to start again, and just try to remember all my login details?

as for the android to iPhone, I need to keep the text messages, and that’s pretty much it, but very very important, I don’t mess up and lose them

I’ve probably missed something, but can’t think right now

thank you for any help
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Take the SIM out the old phone and put it in the new one before you start setup. The transfer will work fine without a SIM in the old device.

If moving to Pixel you’ll be using a lightning to usb cable to transfer data to the new phone rather than any apps. You do this during the initial setup… For the android to iPhone you’ll use the ‘move to iOS app’ but the iPhone needs to be factory reset before you can use this. Data will transfer wirelessly with both WiFi and Bluetooth in this method.

You’ll still need to remember your login details regardless even if you’re doing the transfer. Moving between android/iOS will download all the apps you have on the old device but usually not the app data. You’ll have to log in to everything manually.

Likewise, with texts, it doesn’t always work perfectly across platforms. Usually it will move everything. But for some versions you’ll only get the last 30 days of messages.
    Been a long time since I switched from Apple (like iPhone 4(?)) - but iirc, to save some hassle, you need to do something with turning off/disabling iMessage before you move as well.

support.google.com/and…-GB