Posted 3 October 2022

Air Fryer discussion, including the Ninja Foodi - recipes, tips, deals and more. - Do you have any recipes or tricks?

Hey folks, with more and more people using airfryers due to ease of use, quicker cooking times and cheaper to run*, thought it would be a good idea to put a 'little' discussion together.

I personally have a Ninji Foodi Air Fryer and hardly use our oven anymore, except for very large items, example would proably be a Turkey at Xmas - We've cooked Roast Dinners with ease and most things inbetween, we are still learning though.

Is a Ninja Air Fryer cheaper to run than an oven?

Yes, an air fryer will save you money. If you switch to cooking from an electric oven to an air fryer, you'll be using less energy and your bills will subsequently go down

The main ones people seem to be going for ar the Ninja Foodi airfryers right now, and this is what they have to say about running costs, along with cooking times:

Do Air Fryers use a lot of electricity?

You can cook enough burgers for 4 people in your AF300UK or AF400UK in just 12minutes, for no more than 14p of electricity*

You can cook 0.5kg of frozen French fries in your AF400UK in just 14minutes, for only 16p of electricity*

Air Frying for 20 minutes using a AF300UK or AF400UK only costs 23p of electricity*

The AF300UK and AF400UK cook up to 75% faster than fan ovens**

Does an air fryer use more electricity than an oven?

You can save up to 75% on your energy bill with Ninja Air Fryers***

Wondering if it’s cheaper to cook in an air fryer than an oven? The amount of energy used to cook at home will depend on the appliance, foods and the functions selected.

For example, large ovens may be able to cook bigger foods, cook more at once and be well-insulated, while newer appliances may have a broader range of functions and features for reduced cook times.

However, their size may mean more energy is required to get them to temperature and more energy could be lost if access to the food is needed during cooking.

Plug-in meters allow you to measure the energy consumption of appliances with accessible sockets. Careful use of domestic smart meters may allow you to approximate your oven’s energy use.

4002063_1.jpg

Recipes

There's lots and lots of recipies out there for airfyers, and depending on which airfryer you get, cooking time could be longer, or shorter.

There's been a few cases of trial and error with our airfryer but after a couple of weeks, it's near enough easy now.

We tried doing our own Babybel cheese sticks/balls, and within 5 mins they were cooked and ready - Bloody lovely also! We followed this video

These links could help you:

30 Top Ninja Air Fryer Recipes

40 Easy Ninjaair fryer Recipes

If you're a fan of TikTok, there's lots of people to follow with walkthrough Recipes and here

Easy Airfryer Recipes

Any deals out there for Air Fryers?

Stock is pretty fluid at the moment, as above, demand is high / price is fluctuating.

Sage SOV860BSS4GUK1 the Smart Oven Air Fryer Fry, Stainless Steel, 2400 W, 22 liters

HOMCOM Air Fryer 1700W 5.5L with Digital Display Adjustable Temperature

Tower T17021 Family Size Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation, 60-Minute Timer, 4.3 Litre, 1500W, Black

LOGIK LAF21 Air Fryer – Black & Silver

Instant 6-in-1 Vortex Plus 5.7L Air Fryer

Salter EK2817 1000W Compact 2L Hot Air Fryer with Removable Frying Rack - Black/Silver

Tefal EasyFry 2in1 Classic EY501827 Air Fryer & Grill - Black

Ninja Air Fryer [AF100UK] 3.8 Litres, Grey and Black

NINJA AF100UK Air Fryer - Black

also Air Fryer deals as/when they come in - Worth setting up alerts

*******Finally be aware of scam sites! If it's too good to be true, it usually is...*******

Scam warning - DO NOT BUY from outlet-shark.shop or ukninjakitchen.shop / ninjaoutlet-uk.com
Community Updates
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm interested in one, but not sure on sizes or whether to go for a single and dual basket version. We are a family of four. A dual basket seems a good idea, but wonder if it limits what you can do with it. Would love to hear other people's experiences with one.
    Author
    Personally have one, the bigger version, and honestly we love it.

Not really seen many limits so far, e.g we cooked a full roast yesterday and was amazing. We also done boiled eggs for breakfast yesterday, took 8 mins.

Only things that would be oven wise is stuff like Pizza, but more rare for us.

Some of it is trialling stuff but there's lot of FB groups also, along with free ebooks for recipes.
    We have had the ninja dual af400 for a while now. Most things get cooked in it. Obvs pizzas don’t fit but you can make pizzas with bagels, naan bread, pitta bread etc and they still taste nice. We have cooked a whole chicken a few times and its come out really nicely. Ready meals, toasties, chicken, salmon, the list is endless really. Very quick too.
    A couple of tips: don’t use fry light spray in it and always reduce the temp/time from what you would normally use with your oven.
    Author
    Helpful, thank you!

Also a reminder to remove any packaging, seen a few people on groups forgetting and ruining their Fryer!
    I have a 5.5 ltr air fryer, use for most things, can fit 9inch pizza max in mine. There's not much you can't cook, mine is 1.7 kWh.
    The ninja af300 7.5 ltr
    1 cooking drawer: 1200W | 2 cooking drawers: 2400W
    The ninja af400 9.5ltr
    2470W
    Author
    Helpful, thank you
    The AF300UK and AF400UK cook up to 75% faster than fan ovens**
    Up to 75% faster than fan ovens**. Up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods***.

**Tested against fish fingers and sausages, including pre-heat.
    ***Tested against deep fried, hand-cut French fries.
    Most frozen pizzas will snap if you hit them with a hammer directly after removing from the pizza from the Freezer, so doesn't matter what size your Air-fryer is

Stuffing Mix cooks really well in an Air fryer; I use a piece of cooking foil, lightly grease with marge or oil, shape it into a rough container shape & add mix; cooks in about 10 minutes.
    I purchased the ninja Af400uk, About 4 months ago for my wife and can honestly say we've not looked back
    So easy to use ,cooking times down by over a half life is just so much simpler when cooking, we couldn't be without it now,
    Every family member has one now after seeing ours in action.
    I bought a cheap one from Asda.
    It's great.
    Bacon, Fish Fingers, Burgers are all way better and steaks are superb, Just spray some oil on them first though
    Mine's not big enough for roasts and stuff, but saved a fortune in electric as it's over half the power as the big oven, plus all the mess is contained in a small space, so easier to clean.
    which spray oil would you recommend?
    Love my air fryer. Lately Ive even started boiling eggs in it. I dont use it as much as I did before I went on a diet, but I still use it a lot. With the winter coming I would normally make more use of my slow cooker but Im putting that away and buying myself a pressure/multi cooker.
    How do you guys find cooking pizza (fresh or frozen?)
    I cooked a sainsburys freshly made in store one last week and centre was a bit soft relative to crustiness of edge relative to normal oven but was getting there!
    i got an 11litre tower one with shelves
    Tried poaching eggs in mine over the weekend, didn't work! Anyone else tried and can tell me how they did it!

Reheated leftover pizza is amazing in our air fryer - that's my biggest success story so far.
's avatar