Posted 9 October 2023

Any lifetime sims available?

is there any lifetime sims available? I don't mind paying a one off fee. RWG don't seem to do it anymore.

i had a three sim that was meant to be for life 200mb free, but their workers are refusing to honour it now. Glad i left that company.

So really need a one of payment lifetime sim, as don't want hassle of topping up every few months.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Subscription is where the money is, hence even Android and Apple apps have moved away from a lifetime fee model. Investors also prefer a steady revenue model driven by subscriptions rather than a one off payments.

On a related note, it is also known that people will hesitate to pay a big amount upfront but will ignore smaller amounts collected automatically every month. Outside of HUKD, I wonder how many people really know how much they are spending through direct debits.
    And with the scope for regular increases to those easily ignored "smaller amounts".
    No lifetime ones out there anymore off the top of my head. You can prepay for a year though. Talk Home do a £15 for a year of 1GB, 250 mins, 250 texts each month if I can find an up to date link for the latest version of the offer. Otherwise there is 1p Mobile at £36 for the year of unlimited mins and texts with 250mb data each month. Both use EE signal.

RWG also do an annual SIM as their longest option now too.

If it's just about the hassle of topping up you want, then a cheap SIM Only contract with automatic monthly payments are probably your best bet in the current market. You can get rolling monthly plans from £2 a month where the money will be taken automatically for as long as you need it.
    I have a SKY sim for £1 per month for which I get unlimited minutes and unlimited texts plus 100mb data. This is supposed to be for lifetime but who knows! I don't know whether it is still available or not.
    Have the old "Internet with legs" 200mb sims from Three been cut off then? I know they stopped issuing them years ago but I thought those already in use would keep working.
    I used to have two but I have one now and it is still working. Just need to remember to get to the Internet every six months or it does expire.
    Have a look at Scancom's range, longest prepaid seems to be 36 months.
    Iv got the three data reward sim,and i had a email off them saying the 200mb free each month will be for life, even though it is not offered for sale now. It is also still 3p a min 2p a text and 1p per mb. It is my main number.
    Iv got RWG in slot 2 with the free for life bundle of £15 one off top up and then free every month 100 mins, 100 texts,and 750mb (edited)
's avatar