Posted 2 March 2010

Anybody use anything better than blu tac for posters on wall?

Hi
Decorating new bedroom for my son who loves posters. At the moment i just use the old fashioned blu tac which i think you can also get in white now.
Does anyone use anything else. I find the heavier posters tend to end up dropping down by a few centimeters every few weeks and eventually fall down. We end up using more blu tac and eventually the room starts to look really untidy with bits of blu tac showing.
Any new inventions i havent heard of?
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    here an ]option
    toothpaste, works a treat and wipes off with warm water
    white tac is much better as it does stain the wall atall unlike blue tac. other possible options are that you could buy some of the really cheap frame think they are called clip frame you can get them very cheap and they do them even big enough for posters. i always get the plastic fronted ones though rather than glass. much safer.

or do as we did for my little brother when he was younger we bought a giant piece of cork boarding from b&q or somewhere screwed it to the wall and turned an entire wall of his bedroom into one giant pinboard. worked a treat really easy and fairly cheap to do and he loved it (mum didnt when he got into the stage of changing al his car posters to nudie lady poster though LOL)
    drawing pins!
    Author
    Thank you very much, those poster strips look good i might give them a go.
    Author
    Jimston;7996746

white tac is much better as it does stain the wall atall unlike blue tac. … white tac is much better as it does stain the wall atall unlike blue tac. other possible options are that you could buy some of the really cheap frame think they are called clip frame you can get them very cheap and they do them even big enough for posters. i always get the plastic fronted ones though rather than glass. much safer. or do as we did for my little brother when he was younger we bought a giant piece of cork boarding from b&q or somewhere screwed it to the wall and turned an entire wall of his bedroom into one giant pinboard. worked a treat really easy and fairly cheap to do and he loved it (mum didnt when he got into the stage of changing al his car posters to nudie lady poster though LOL)

Yes my oldest is near that age now....whenever he sees a scantily clad women on tv he just starts grinning.
    Great idea about a bit cork board. I might look for one as he also likes putting postcards and stuff like that up .
    Thanks everyone repped you all.
    Screws
    nails,

works pretty well for Crucifixions also
    Stakes,

handy if you have a vampire problem locally as well
    Author
    boothy;8010427

Stakes,handy if you have a vampire problem locally as well

We have alot of bats so who knows....you have me thinking now. Wont want to go outside in the dark now.

Seriously i have just used those recommended command poster strips and i think they are great only problem you only get one chance to put it on right so you have to be a bit careful but looks far neater than blu tac, no little bulges.
's avatar