Posted 25 September 2023

Australia - Can you bring Biscuits into the country

Of course I will have to declare it but are biscuits allowed?

Chocolates?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Google is always a few clicks away

51061592-eN495.jpg

51061592-UdZGo.jpg (edited)
    I am shocked that there is a more credible source than HUKD for important information.
    If you watch their Border Force equivalent programme, bringing any food stuff seems to send their immigration service into meltdown!

How their entire society could be decimated thanks to that packet of crisps you bought during your stopover in Singapore!
    The argument is about where to draw the line, so scaring people into not bringing anything is a lesser evil. They have a big agricultural export industry and are therefore extremely careful about protecting it from the slightest imported pest / disease / chemical. Unfortunately, in these situations, it is almost impossible to stop any spread once it starts, as we have all learnt painfully.
    When I went to a few years ago and having watched Border Security or whatever it is called, me and the wife were both extra careful and petrified so we had everything listed on an a4 sheet in each suitcase and made sure to read their prohibited list.

Arrived in Sydney, went through the I have something to declare, told him we had nuts and honey, opened the suitcase and showed him a box of Crunchy Nut which my niece had ordered. The guy laughed his head off and waved us through!
    I went to the something to declare queue as I had a couple of Oranges from New Zealand, I had to queue for an extra 15 mins just to be told to bin them. They should have had another sign saying bin them and save time queueing...
    Thought Biscuits was the family dog when I saw the headline question.
    No grammar police please. Downfall of society awaits.
    reminds me of the border patrol program where the guy got stopped and they found a shopping bag full of deep fried locusts
    Yeah - we regularly supply our Australian & Canadian cousins with Tatyo crisps and Thortons chocolates, never had an issue at "border control".
    I often bring back TamTams and the odd packet of "life savers" - though they usually get eaten on the journey home.
    I don't really care for Canadian chocolate (they sell malted balls - that look like maltesers, but taste horrible!) and of course they think I like them so bring me 1kg cartons of the things!
's avatar