Posted 1 day ago

Booking a holiday for 2 but only 1 person goes??

I have been looking at possibly going away over Christmas for 7 days.
For a single person to go to the Canaries all-inclusive it's well over £1,000 but I can book 2 for just over that due to some amazing discounts.
What would happen if I booked the holiday and only I turned up at the departure gate, not my imaginary friend??
Would I still be allowed to go on the holiday, I know no refund but I'm not bothered about that.
My daughter is working all over Christmas as she works in the NHS and none of my mates can go.
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You'll be fine. Happened twice to me when friends have paid to go but not bothered when the time came.
    Well for a start when you book you will need to provide detils like passport number etc for security checks, so unless you have someone who is willing to let you use these then you will not get past the booking stage.
    At booking stage all that is required is a name.
    You might need a convincing break up story. Good thing is more breakups happen around Christmas than at any other time.
    Yeah, a break up may make them feel sorry for you as well
    Turn up in a black suit with loads of tissues and crying. No one will ask.
    I was watching a series on TV recently where the lady turns up late and missed her flight. The lady at check-in wasn't very sympathetic until she explained why she was late when she pulled an urn out of her backpack 😁. She got upgraded to first class
    Bonus of a big bed to yourself. None of those cramped single beds. (edited)
    What's the point?
    Surely you're still spending a bit extra for that 2nd person and they're not going to be there
    Author
    They are nicer hotels, single person occupancy ones are not very nice.
    My mate turned up to the airport with his wife. They were going to Egypt.

She got turned away cos her passport had expired and they only realised at check-in.

So he left without her and she had to make her way home which was about 3 hrs away. (edited)
    Just turn up to the airport and tell them the fictional person is a no show. No further explanation required.
    Flights wont be an issue at all as you check in and board as individuals anyway. Check in / boarding staff don't check groups are all together (edited)
    Aren't flights over booked anyway for this very reason, no shows.
's avatar