Posted 7 October 2023

Completesavings gift cards

Anyone else having issues purchasing the one4all gift cards? No matter what card I use it just goes there was an error with your order and asks to try again. Doesn't even attempt to charge the card.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

32 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not used this month but all ok last month.

Just a warning though.
    Used Halifax credit card last month and they charged me 5% cash advance fee. Never paid any fees before with previous credit card.

Also just a tip.

You can convert One4all gift card to Amazon via WHsmiths. Just One4all to Apple Pay then purchase Amazon gift card in WHSmiths (minimum £15)
    Also good to emply odd balance on gift card as you can add any amount from £15 so when my balance gets close to £15 I convert purchase Amazon gift card.
    Halifax had sent me a letter couple of years ago on what transactions will now attract cash advance fees. Purchases from gift card retailers who classify the transactions as cash equivalent via the MCC code were in the list.

Thanks for the WH Smith loophole. I don't have an Apple device but do use the One4All app which works for payment on Android phones.

The One4All website does say that it cannot be used to purchase 3rd party gift cards but I am guessing the tills don't know that. (edited)
    off topic

i have just joined complete savings and it says these gift cards are regulated and can only be bought up to a maximum total of £500. is that across the total life of the account, or does this reset at all! (edited)
    £100 per month for the 20% off then £100 per month for one of the others. 
    Only my Halifax debit card seems to work, get the same error message with all other cards.
    I have the same problem, the only card that works is a credit card that always puts on a cash advance fee on. Have tries a lot of debit cards from different banks, none seem to work. Any work around?
    I use either an Aqua credit card or Curve card and don't recall ever having an issue
's avatar