Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 1 day ago

Correct postal address for PIP claim

Hello Everyone

Hoping someone can help, can anyone confirm if this is the correct free postal address to send the PIP claim form- Freepost RTEU-HBEC-RGTG
Personal Independence Payment 1 Mail
Handling Site A Wolverhampton WV98 1AA.

Was sent the claim form and supposed to have had pre paid envelope enclosed but surprise surprise nothing enclosed  

thanks in adv
Community Updates
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It might be free post, but pay the extra for signature delivery.
    However, the address is only a handling address, and the signature will be one signature to cover every one of the 2000 daily applications, and it can still get lost between departments.
    DO NOT send any original documents. Only send copies. Sign them if you want, but the originals stay with you. ALWAYS. You will not get them back, or will have a fight to do so.
    Did you get copies of your medical records from your doc, the hospital, wherever? If not then you should submit a SAR to them. These will supporting documents for your case .

Been there, done that, and now get my monthly payout
    Author
    Thanks only sending claim form to begin with as the person I’ve helped complete it for didn’t get any supporting documents just yet, is it best to send everything right at the start then? would they ask for the evidence they would require? 
    Author
    I think will be quite diff for mental health- severe anxiety/depression though. Anyone on here claimed for this or know anyone who has?
    Unless you have a "track" history to do with mental health that you can support with NHS records you won't get it.

You have to provide evidence whether it is mental or physical. Whatever you want to claim for needs evidence. (edited)
    It would be strongly advisable to not send anything freepost to the DWP. Send it by recorded/signed delivery so you have proof it was received. Things can and do go missing, and if you can't prove you sent your paperwork off they could potentially makde a decision that affects your claim or review negatively.

There's different mail handling sites and benefits centres, but the address in Wolverhampton is a common one. Check the cover letter that was sent to you and the correct address for sending any correspondence will be there. That's where to send anything relating to your PIP Claim.
    Author
    Thank you there was no covering letter, just the claim form with compliment stating envelope provided but nothing was enclosed just wanted to make sure sending to the correct one and doesn’t get mislaid 
    The assessors working for capita (all actual nurses or above qualified). Do NOT get a bonus or bonus payments on how many claiments they deny. That is just Chinese whispers that's turned into the 'I've been told or I've heard' truths. (edited)
    But they were paid bonuses for how many assessments they could do per day.

Which in itself resulted in rushed & incorrect assessments.
    Author
    Thanks there is no address, I found the above address and wanted to check if this exact one is correct? 
    Author
    Thank you yes that is the same one just wanted to check it is the right one for new claims, to avoid form getting mislaid
's avatar