Posted 3 November 2022

Deco M5 only picking up 5ghz

Hi there - anyone had this issue or know how to resolve it? I have a 3 pack of Deco M5 as my mesh system. Periodically it seems that one of my nodes only seems to get the 5ghz band. It just so happens that my rear Eufy cam connects to this node and the camera only works on 2.4ghz.

It's recently done a software update, which hasn't helped and I've rebooted it and unplugged it...
12407720201667461367.jpg14166741051667461371.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Set the guest network to shown only 2.4 ghz. Then connect your eufy to the guest network. That way it will always be on 2.4ghz (edited)
    Author
    I have a 2.4 guest network but if the node that serves that camera isn't getting 2.4 then it can't pass it on...
    48589868-cSH5E.jpg
    Turn off 5ghz for a day or two in settings > WiFi

I had to do this to make the BG plugs connect (edited)
    The images you have posted are just indicating that the unit you are viewing is connected to the living room unit via 5ghz. This doesn’t mean that the 2.4ghz network isn’t being broadcast, to find that out you need to open the app, click ‘more’, click ‘wifi’ and check 2.4ghz is checked
    Author
    Yeah I figured that as the other node in a different part of the house was connected showing 2.4 and 5. In the end I rebooted the main Deco and that seemed to resolve the situation. I'd just like to understand where the fault lies really
    This has just happened to me after 6 months of use. It’s really weird. When I move the deco closer to another deco (in same room) then it’s fine. The problem is the deco that I need 2.4ghz is in an outbuilding so now I am stuck. I have bought the E4, M4 and S4 and all experiencing the same problem! Weird that it was working for 6 months
    Author
    I rebooted the main node and everything started behaving again. Select the main node from the menu and click reboot
's avatar