Posted 10 November 2023

disable Adaptive Brightness on Windows 10 device ? (HELP! it's very annoying)

Can anyone help me find how to disable the automatic brightness constantly adjusting itself !??
Apparently it's called Adaptive Brightness but I can't find this option anywhere ?

I'm sure I have found the setting in the past, but Windows may have updated and changed since then and moved the option to somewhere else ?

I've also looked for Intel graphics settings but can't find that

Thank you for any help it is much appreciated

Edit: I always use 'Battery saver' mode, could this be the reason I can't find the option ?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Google "adaptative brightness Windows 10" for lots of suggestions
    Author
    Yes I have done that and tried what they say but the option just doesn't seem to be there for me
    The setting got moved recently. You can now find it under:
    1. Right click on desktop background
    2. Display Settings
    3. Expand the Brightness Section and underneath the slider bar, you will see a setting for "Change brightness based on content"
    4. Turn this setting to Off
    Author
    Thankyou your comment helped me find the Intel Graphics control panel alas there is no option within

In my 'system settings - Display - Brightness and colour' underneath the brightness slider there is just a "Night light" toggle which adjusts blue light level (edited)
    It will probably because you are using power management, battery saver mode. If you don't use that mode, it may stop changing the brightness.
's avatar