Posted 25 October 2021

Ebay charged full fees instead of 80% off fees

hello all,

this last promotion from eBay for the 80%off fees didn't go as expected for me. The promotion was for any listing listed from 14th to 18th October. Normally on ebay promotions I list everything as auctions and off course when the item gets sold it will be out of those four days window, but as far as I remember as long as the item was listed on those 4 days it was fine.

unfortunately this time it didn't work like that and i was charged the full fees. I am doing this promotions for an year and never had an issue.

I called eBay and they said the items were sold after the 18th October and I said "yes, because it was a auction, but they were listed until the 18th"

have anyone had this issue before?
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jpgramacho25/10/2021 14:24

I activated the offer. I had 26 listings for this promotion I remember …I activated the offer. I had 26 listings for this promotion I remember checking it. Some of them were relists from previous auctions were the buyer didn't pay. But I listed them between the 14th and 18th anyway.

• Get 80% off variable percentage final value fees ("FVF") per listing in final value fees if the item sells and pay no insertion fee.
    • A fixed order level fee of 30p and other fees, including any International fees, still apply.
    • Promotion is valid for up to 100 listings on eBay.
    • Listings must start during the promotional period.
    • Listings can be auction-style or fixed price format.
    • The promotion start and end dates are included in the email we send to invited sellers.
    • Items must sell within the first listing period.

Maybe it's this?
    (edited)
    Haircut_10025/10/2021 14:30

If you just Relisted an item rather than doing a new listing by using the …If you just Relisted an item rather than doing a new listing by using the Sell Similar option then that would probably explain it. You always have to create a new listing to get the 80% off FVF rather than just renewing an old listing.

That's not true; a relist during the promotional period qualifies just fine - I've done it myself, many times.

I activated the offer. I had 26 listings for this promotion I remember …I activated the offer. I had 26 listings for this promotion I remember checking it. Some of them were relists from previous auctions were the buyer didn't pay. But I listed them between the 14th and 18th anyway.

If you just Relisted an item rather than doing a new listing by using the Sell Similar option then that would probably explain it. You always have to create a new listing to get the 80% off FVF rather than just renewing an old listing.
    fryster28/10/2021 13:07

I've fallen foul when I've sent/accepted an offer, it charges the normal …I've fallen foul when I've sent/accepted an offer, it charges the normal fees under these circumstances

Shouldn’t do - I’ve still been charged reduced fees
    Little confused, as long as the auctions were listed and started between the promotional dates, you’ll be fine
    Did you by any chance list the item prior to the promo start date, but with a start date between those dates? That’s the only thing I can think which would cause the issue. Or the promo wasn’t activated?
    I had an item sell this morning and I got charged the correct promo fees. Listed within the promo period 7 days ago
    Multiple item listing?
    Invalid category?

Have a careful read of the terms, there are numerous exceptions.
    Author
    sohailh198425/10/2021 14:02

Little confused, as long as the auctions were listed and started between …Little confused, as long as the auctions were listed and started between the promotional dates, you’ll be fineDid you by any chance list the item prior to the promo start date, but with a start date between those dates? That’s the only thing I can think which would cause the issue. Or the promo wasn’t activated?

I activated the offer. I had 26 listings for this promotion I remember checking it.

Some of them were relists from previous auctions were the buyer didn't pay. But I listed them between the 14th and 18th anyway.

Any second chance offers?
    They count as being listed on the day the offer was made.

I fell foul of this rule.
    Author
    sohailh198425/10/2021 14:02

Little confused, as long as the auctions were listed and started between …Little confused, as long as the auctions were listed and started between the promotional dates, you’ll be fineDid you by any chance list the item prior to the promo start date, but with a start date between those dates? That’s the only thing I can think which would cause the issue. Or the promo wasn’t activated?

Actually I just remembered that some of them, I listed as scheduled to start. Although the start date was off course between 14th and the 18th
    Author
    Haircut_10025/10/2021 14:30

If you just Relisted an item rather than doing a new listing by using the …If you just Relisted an item rather than doing a new listing by using the Sell Similar option then that would probably explain it. You always have to create a new listing to get the 80% off FVF rather than just renewing an old listing.

Yes, but other ones that I did from scratch I got full charge anyway
    jpgramacho25/10/2021 14:30

Actually I just remembered that some of them, I listed as scheduled to …Actually I just remembered that some of them, I listed as scheduled to start. Although the start date was off course between 14th and the 18th

Yeah that might be it, as you’ve preset them so they may have taken it from the day the listing was set up

I tend to save mine as drafts, then auto start them within that period
    Author
    TehJumpingJawa25/10/2021 16:33

That's not true; a relist during the promotional period qualifies just fine …That's not true; a relist during the promotional period qualifies just fine - I've done it myself, many times.

I did the same. This time didn't work
    jpgramacho25/10/2021 17:44

I did the same. This time didn't work

Wasn’t the offer from the 15-18, if you listed it on the 14 then it was listed before the offer started.

Go on the eBay website and look at the previous offers, you can see which items were included.
    I've fallen foul when I've sent/accepted an offer, it charges the normal fees under these circumstances
    I had this and had to get the fees amended through their chat. Thankfully I had a screenshot of the deal being accepted, otherwise they may not have believed me! I imagine there we're people this missed this /forgot and will have been charged.more.
's avatar