Posted 10 October 2023

Facebook Messenger

Hi. I used to use Facebook Messenger Lite, but that no longer exists. So now it's normal Facebook Messenger. Problem is I don't seem to receive notifications when I get a message. I've checked all settings and notifications etc which all seem OK. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Same here. No idea how to change it
    Yes, I only get notifications from group chats, I just use WhatsApp now as I haven't found a way to get it working again for more than a day
    Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. It's very strange
    I had issues with messenger on android but since moving iOS it’s been good with notifications
    I don't get Messenger notifications on my Samsung S21. Really strange.
    Yeah mine was like that for a while a few weeks ago, I had to actually go Into the app to read new messages. I updated the app last week and since then I've had a notification for every message. I'm not going to be too optimistic and say it's definitely been fixed, but so far so good
    Exactly the same behaviour here on Android (Motorola). It's so strange, it works and then just stops. Uninstall and a reinstall fixes it for one message and then it stops again.
    Is there a functioning workaround so you can access your fb messages without installing their piece of (something) messenger app, which I refuse to do!

I used lite until they shut it down. I rarely message anyone but do occasionally have people message me about item's I've listed on marketplace and at the moment I have to wait till I log onto my pc.
's avatar