Floureon wireless IP cam issues

Found 6th Dec 2017
I recently purchased the Floureon wireless IP cam from a deal posted on here, and I can get it to work via ethernet, but when I try to add the cam wirelessly, it never finds the camera.

I'm using the CamHi software that it told me to download on the instructions, followed all the steps going through. The camera makes it's noise, and the app seems to search for the camera, but it never finds the camera after I've put in the wifi password. Just a continous waiting cirlcle, I'm at a loss.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, found a way to get the camera to connect?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
The cameras only work on 2.4ghz Wifi channels and not on 5ghz
You may also have an issue with certain devices not being able to connect to your router if the Wifi channel is left as automatic (Try channels 1/6/11)
There's also a slightly different version of the software called P2PIPCamHi you could try
Reset the camera by putting the pin in the reset hole at the back of the camera and holding for 10 seconds until it produces a chime
Don't add the UID manually scan it in using your phone
What password for the WiFi are you trying. I had a similar issue recently I was trying 00000000 (eight zeros). Had no luck, contacted the seller who told me it had changed to 01234567. It worked after this. Even though the password in the manual was eight zeros.
Edited by: "refix" 7th Dec 2017
Original Poster
You have to use the same password as your WiFi is, else how does the camera connect to the WiFi. Figured it out now, the camera makes a beeping noise, as does the app, they have to hear each other before it'll connect, I had my phone on mute when trying it.

Easy mistake to make! All working fine and dandy now.
It’s a bit rubbish the camera, it stated it was ONVIF but I can’t get it to work on my network. Tried everything and gave up in end
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants