Posted 14 hours ago

Apply for a Blue Peter badge

The Blue peter badge is the most iconic badge in the UK! We can’t be entirely sure how many have been awarded since launching in 1963, but we reckon the number is in the millions. Everyone who appears on the show gets a badge, but here’s a step by step guide for how you can get your hands on one!

bbc.co.uk/cbb…dge
Applying for your Blue Badge couldn't be simpler. There's no online application to complete or form to print off... all you need to do is follow the guide below!

To apply for a Blue peter badge you must:
  • Be between 5 – 15 years old
  • Ask your parent or guardian for permission and ask them to read the Privacy Notice at the bottom of this page.
  • Send us a creative contribution to earn your badge. This could be a poem, a story, some artwork, a model, a recipe, a suggestion for the show, or an interesting letter telling us about something you have done linked to your hobbies and interests.
  • Would you like to appear on Blue Peter? If so, make sure to tell us you are interested in being on the show. We also want to know about your dream experience and how we could make it happen for you.
  • Include: your full name, your date of birth, your home postal address and postcode (not your school address)
  • Post it to Blue Peter with the correct stamp on it (you'll need a 'large letter' stamp if sending an A4, or to pay for parcel postage if bigger than a letter)
Send your application letter and any other materials to the following address:

Blue Peter

MediaCityUK

Salford

M50 2BH

Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How many hits on this thread by people thinking they can get a blue badge for their car for free without having to supply any evidence?

Probably in the hundreds by now.
    I can't see how even one person could think it was anything but, based on the title
    The original title did include "Peter" - can be seen in the residual thread URL:
    free-blue-peter-badge-4285284
    Author
    hopefully that wasn't my fault!!
    Author
    52047078-5oQa9.jpgjust to prove this is how it looked when i first added it to disscusions....
    I can’t be the only person who thought this was for a parking blue badge… not a Blue Peter badge. The description of it being “the most iconic badge in the UK” had me slightly puzzled
    I was reading it confused too
    I started reading this thinking it was a disabled parking badge and was soo confused reading the first 4 lines
    Maybe add "Peter" between blue and badge to avoid confusion
    Author
    done (but it already had it in the title)
    Title should read "Apply for a Blue Peter badge"
    Author
    it does!!
    Also did anyone bother reading the T&Cs?

Blue Peter badge holders can claim a free go on the Leap of Faith, as well as a free go on the Vertical Drop Slide with a booked climbing session. To redeem this offer, the badge holder will simply need to present their badge on arrival.
    Blue Peter Badge holders can gain entry without an accompanying adult, providing an adult has made the booking themselves, paid for the child’s entry, and signed the waiver.

Kinda defeats the point really?
    52046192-c0SRX.jpg
's avatar