Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 29 July 2023

Getting movies from Apple TV using Turkey ID

Hey guys just wanted to ask about turkey apple movies..

I’m really curious to know if anyone has bought movies from Apple turkey. I have gift cards and used them for some movies but I wasn’t sure if it’s going to stick or if they ban accounts just wanted to see if there is other people who’ve tried it and who have still got there accounts plus how many titles have people gotten, thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The only issue I'm aware of was somebody who bought a huge number of films and then tried to reduce their giftcard balance down to zero by making a load more purchases quickly (with the aim of then switching their account region from Turkiye to US) - apparently Apple froze their account - not sure what algorithm they use to monitor/block this.

Obviously there's no guarantee that a region lock won't be introduced at some point, Apple are currently more lenient than anybody else about allowing cross region accounts and streaming

Most annoying issue is that some movies on the Turkish store don't have English subs available for the foreign speaking sections, I've requested refunds for that reason
    Author
    I feel like if your getting movies that fast it’s got too be a quick find for them. I rn only have 4 things, went quite slow, i used play store too for YouTube but their prices are different. There 22.99TL which isn’t much different however some are hundreds that’s why I went Apple. I only want to risk it since it’s gift card use instead of a card. I thought maybe it’s safe since it’s only balance. The invoice time is the only thing I had a movie that I got but it was pending for ages thought it was gonna get error or something. However they sent the invoice which is good.. I have seen posts of people doing it but not many so just needed extra reassurance, I got sisu, feel like it might need subtitles, I appreciate the reply.