Posted 9 February 2015

Is there any way to watch sky go on tv via screen mirroring

Hi, i have a galaxy tab 3 8" and a samsung tv and both support screen mirroring,
When i try to watch sky go however i get a message that sky go is not compatible.
Is there any way at all to watch sky go on my tv
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Can you not connect to the internet through the t.v. itself if it's a smart t.v. and go to the skygo web address?
    I use mine through my laptop and the HDMI out
    Author
    theshepherd83

Thanks, we have it registered only to the tablet so that wouldnt work Thanks again
    try a chromecast £30?
    Author
    urbanbushwacker

try a chromecast £30?

Yes i could do that, gutted though just bought a smart tv and can connect my phone to it really easily.
    What do i do with the chromecast just plug it into a port on the tv
    theshepherd83

I tried the same thing, but it blocked it.
    No, Sky won't allow it to be mirrored or cast, only through a laptop
    We have a Samsung Smart tv and can't screen mirror sky go using the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4 or S3. Very frustrating! Yet we own a older version Sony tv (not smart) with screen mirroring and it's not a problem with the SAMSUNG phones. It just seems strange that Samsung to Samsung doesn't work but Samsung to Sony does. It was my whole reason to chose this samsung tv as I thought it'd be a doddle
    i use skygo on my pc and watch on the tv, via hdmi cable
    Author
    dcx_badass

Wouldn't work with a chromecast either.You could get a MHL adapter from … Wouldn't work with a chromecast either.You could get a MHL adapter from ebay for about £5, would give the tablet hdmi to connect to your TV, not sure if sky have blocked that though.

Thanks I have a mhl adapter but it won't work with that.
    Sky Go will only work on non rooted devices and have mirroring or casting disabled by default other wise they would make no money from selling multi room licenses
    Use a xbox 360.
's avatar