Posted 27 October 2023

Is this a Good deal can i ask....Or is there better way to go as first trop to India thanks

"Experience a truly extraordinary tour of the very best of India with Distant Journeys. Choose from our range of award-winning tours and find the perfect one for you, with prices starting from £1,995. Save £200 Per Person When You Book By 30th November 2023."
4223804_1.jpg Our 11-day ‘The Golden Triangle & Ranthambore Tour’ offers an incredible opportunity to visit the highlights of India including the Taj Mahal & Amber Fort, in addition to a safari in the renowned Ranthambore National Park. Prices starting from just £1,995.

thank for advice
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    India is dirt cheap so you will always get it cheaper if you pay for any excursions once you are already there. You can barter everything down in price too
    If you want complete handholding, have zero experience of India and do not speak Hindi (the dominant language where you are going), then yes, it is fine.
    If that also includes flights from the UK and all internal travel/flights it’s not that bad.

I regularly travel to India and over the last few years I’ve noticed that it’s gradually getting more and more expensive and I blame the internet!

I did a tour of Rajastan back in March and hotels there were £100 a night, which say even 5 years ago was unheard of, yes the famous hotels in Mumbai and Delhi cost a fortune but outside they used to be lot cheaper.

Me and wife did the Golden Triangle tour back in 2015, 3 nights in Delhi, 1 night in Agra, 2 nights in Jaipur. Got picked up from Delhi airport and dropped back off there. We had a personal guide for all the tourist attractions and an English speaking driver. I chose all the hotels and this for the 2 of us came to 38000 rupees, approx £380 today but more back then as the rupee was stronger . Obviously this didn’t include flights from/to the UK.

My recent Rajastan tour for the two of us was around 100000 rupees, approx £1000 in todays money.

What I would advise is to do a Google as there are loads of operators locally in India and email them. Make sure you given them exactly the same itinerary and same requirements else you won’t be able to compare. Make sure you do your homework to ensure that you don’t get scammed etc. Above all trust your gut and don’t get drawn in by what looks like obviously too low prices. (edited)
    51277393-oDvVX.jpg
    So here's my take on this. Having traveled quite a few times to India I personally arrange everything myself but that requires a lot of time and research and some local websites are inaccessible from outside India so you may need a VPN account.
    The next option is to shop around first using UK sites like Exoticaa and Trailfinders (very good consultants) and then make your own package based on your acquired knowledge.
    Then get hold of local Indian agents Google this and use TripAdvisor for recommendations of agents. You can contact them via WhatsApp usually. Provide them with full details including preferred hotels etc. Compare this with your quotes from UK.
    One more thing I would Sonos to publish your intended itinerary in TripAdvisor forums and request comments etc.
    Hopefully this will help you. Anyway you will have a wonderful time there . (edited)
's avatar