Posted 5 hours ago

Men's wool overcoat - Where to buy?

Hey all
I've never owned an overcoat or a topcoat, but I want to buy one now. I read some pages about them and seems like the recommendation is to buy a 100% wool one, but the thing is I have no idea where to buy one.
I tried googling and found some for as little as £30 and some for over £500. So the question is, how much is a good price for a wool overcoat and could you kindly recommend a place/website to buy it?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    A decent one will be starting from £90 and go into the hundreds, depending on quality/ brand.

I would actually recommend looking on Vinted for 2nd hand overcoats. You'll get a cracking deal, especially as it will be your 1st one and then you'll know what works for you best
    Just be mindful of the maintenance of wool coats. Being wool they cant' go into the laundry with the rest of your clothes. You'll need to make sure you have a wool/delicates cycle and it'll likely need to be dried on a clothes horse thingy
    Any decent menswear store will sell them, trying to remember the big chain that is not so big now, where most people go for tux and wedding suit hire - Moss Bros if there is one near you.
's avatar