Posted 6 October 2023

Outdoor socket

Hi guys! Can you recommend an OUTDOOR SWITCHED SOCKET with RCD included and to have a cord to plug it inside the house? If It has wifi, even better
Can`t seem to find one at Screwfix,Toolstation...I want a reputable brands to be sure it`s safe to use. Mostrly it will be used for Christmas lights/decorations around the house.

What I will do is .I'll plug a Tapo wifi socket in my wall socket inside the house, in the Tapo socket I will put the outdoor switched socked, in the switched socket I will put an master plug enclosure with a 4 gang lead...

Is it too much things plugged/connected with each other?

Thanks

4212160_1.jpg

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I buy the ones with a four way cord in a black box then trail the lead back to the house and use a tapo plug to turn the whole thing on and off.
    Author
    Yeah! In this way I don't need to buy the outdoor socket plug... basically it has no use (edited)
    You don't need an Rcd on the socket if the circuit you're connecting to already has one.
    Just rember what ever you plug in, it don't total 13 amps, I got a few low devices connected to mine such as lights,
's avatar