Posted 19 September 2023

Pc upgrade help and possible 1440p monitor suggestion

Hi I currently have a g4560 processor and a rx480 with 8gb of ram in dire need of a upgrade. I was thinking about getting the 6650 xt and updating the ram to 16gb and putting in the i7 7700k would this be decent to run on a qhd monitor or is the i7 pretty obsolete now? I don't really game that much these days and don't really want to fork out for a new mobo and chip if it's not really needed just yet. And I want a decent 1440p monitor. I looked at the dell one on offer but I need a speaker jack so that's a deal breaker and I would want something with freesync. There's a ao one but that only gsync
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    What games are you playing?
    Author
    Street fighter 6 is about all I've played lately and tried the new halo but ran like a turd at pathetic fps so gave up. But the kids will probably use it as they have xboxs each and want to play some game pass game via pc that won't run on there xbox gen consoles. Just want to know if the i7 7700k will be a massive bottleneck for a 6650 xt or it would probably be OK. It still gets decent scores in gaming on benchmark site with say 1080ti combos so don't know if it's still in the running with all these new multi core chips. (edited)
    What resolution are you after? 2560x1440? 3440x1440? 5120x1440?
    Author
    Would be qhd so 2560x1440 doubt I'd get anything better for about £200-£250 which is the sort of money I want to spend