Posted 17 November 2023

Printing in Windows 10 from Context menu

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a more flexible option for printing than the Windows 10 Print option from the context menu.

The context menu option works great in most cases, allowing me to print multiple copies of images in various quantities per page.

So if I have two images and need two copies of each, the four images per page works great as below.

4239547-uRAXl.jpg

But, if I want to use the same four images per page, but want three copies of the first image and a single copy of the second image, it requires two separate pages (unless I'm missing something).

I'd just like some advice on alternatives, that give the simplicity of the print standard print option, but the flexibility to define per image quantities to give an output like below (3 copies of image 2 and 1 copy of image 1 on a single sheet).

4239547-v5KcF.jpg
Hope that makes sense.

TIA
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This is more involved than what you’re doing now but have a look at doing it this way for when you need to print 3 + 1 images on one page.

There must be an obscure bit of software out there that does this but finding it is another matter I’m sure!
    Author
    Thanks, I appreciate the response. The difficulty with this route, is that I'd likely have to do all of them the same way to ensure the sizes match (all the images are of the same dimensions). The stock print option is quick and easy for the bulk of the prints, it's just the random numbers that cause the "issue". I regularly get asked by my daughter to print out quite a few certificates she's won for online model horse shows, so this last lot took 20 sheets of card. I normally usually put the numbers into a spreadsheet beforehand and work out the combinations of 4 that go together and on this last lot I ended up with this 3+1 problem. I know it's only one extra sheet, it's just one of those things I though would be a simple solution, but seems it may not be..

That's been half the battle, knowing what to google for, as like you say, there's got to be something out there.

Thanks again.