Posted 20 October 2023

Rain Jacket / Waterproof Jacket Advice

My old new balance jacket officially fall apart after 5 years... Was hoping to purchase same model but it's not on sale anymore. Anyone got a good quality rain jacket that could recommend please?

Budget : 120£
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    As long as it's gore-tex you'll get a decent jacket
    Completely agree. After buying a gore-tex jacket a few years ago, I wouldn't buy another that wasn't gore-tex
    Author
    it doesn't open dave I got no app
    [deleted]
    Author
    any specific model would you recommend? thank you 😁
    Craghoppers offer lifetime warrenty
    Author
    Any model You would personally recommend? 😁
    Trespass sometimes have some outstanding offers!!!
    Seen some in Lidl this morning £20 , worth a look.
    Author
    My mate works for Lidl, and he told me that :

' DIY Equipment etc worth it alwats buy it if needed, clothes are primark quality 😁'
    I've had expensive rain jackets that leaked. But I've been wearing these bad boys, the Regatta Lyle- usually on sale for about £20, for years and they have never let in a drop.

(Regatta is the same company as Craghoppers BTW)

regatta.com/men…lar
    Author
    is there a hoodie or no? 😁 I want with a hoodie that I don't need an umbrella
    I would recommend TOG 24. I have 3 different styles, mesh lined for warmer weather, insulated for when it starts getting a bit cold and a heavily insulated for when it is really cold. All are 20k waterproof and breathable which is about as good as you get without being Goretex.

They regularly have sales and if you lurk around their website you normally get offered 10% off you first order.

Just check in the features section for the waterpoof rating, the higher the better.

I do also have a North Face 3 in 1 that I’ve had for years that has never let me down, you would probably struggle to find one for your budget though.
    Alpkit Argonaut should do at £95.99 ? check the reviews on their site.
    Or go up their range if you want heavier duty for more money.
    Alpkit stuff is great value ... (edited)
's avatar