Posted 4 September 2023

Recommendations for Garden Lawn turf?

Hi
Does anyone have any guidance or recommendations where to buy lawn turf from?
Would be great to get an idea of price, advice and any photos if you’ve gotten any in recent times would be great!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Find a local turf farm near you for best quality and results as it will be grown in similar condition to your garden.

Or for comparison of quality, go to your local B&Q, and see the upsettingly poor quality arid lump of earth on a pallet, that has been cared for with far less effort and love than the trolleys left strewn around the car park.
    Author
    Need to try and find some - just haven’t come across any yet
    London Lawn Turf Company. (edited)
    Do it from seed.
    In fairness its the ideal time of year to sow lawn seed (once the heat wave has gone).
    Certainly very very much cheaper than turf (100 m2 would cost less than £30.)
    Obviously there may be very good reasons for needing an functioning lawn this close to autumn/winter, so it's a mere suggestion rather than saying it is a better way to go.
    When i used to lay lawns many years ago we always used this stuff..

rolawn.co.uk/tur…rf/

Not cheap at ~£5+ per square meter depending on amount purchased but we always had good results with it,
    it was always fresh, i think they cut it one day then deliver the next,
    from looking at the delivery details it's free over £50 (edited)
    Author
    Have seen this in a few places and will def have a look!
    Author
    Has anyone looked at topsoil.co.uk before?
    No. The last lawn I laid we bought Homebase top soil when it was on special offer. Yes it was a lot of bags and a lot of work but good quality. The turf from the London Lawn Turf Company was excellent.
    Whereabouts are you?
    Author
    Morden SW London
's avatar