Posted 5 days ago

Samsung S24(6.2”)Exynos - awful battery life.

I decided to get the smallest Samsung S24 after my iPhone 13 mini’s battery started to give up battery life. - dear I made a mistake.

First of all the S24 feels and look really well made product.Very light and extremely fast(no lag),amazing sound from the speakers ,gorgeous display but that is it or at least with the Exynos version.

My phone hardly survived 4-4.5 hrs with minimum use.Settings were at 60HZ,no Bluetooth,no vibrations,no running apps in the background,no AOD,really at bare minimum.Couldn’t even finish a message or mail without the battery not going down by 2-3%.Very frustrating and annoying having a nice phone and just seeing the battery percentage dropping down faster than the light.I have just sent it back.Such a shame.Just to compare my 2.5 years old 13 mini had almost the same battery life with the same usage.Again,my friend’s SD3 S24 have no issues at all,so it tells everything about Exynos.
Community Updates
New Comment

28 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I had the Exynos S22 Ultra and easily got 24 hours; no games or videos though. If this is a widespread problem, then it usually gets fixed with a software update as it happened when the upgrade to Android 13 happened. (edited)
    i got the z flip 5 in december and the battery life was very poor. however, there have been several updates since i got it and that has solved the battery issue it is still not great but it has improved drastically.
    Since having snap dragon in my s23 id never go back to exynos because the battery life is phenomenal in comparison.
    However my s20,21,22 all had exynos and none were anywhere near as bad as you're explaining, theyd still last me from 5.30am until around 5pm with heavy use, sounds like you had a faulty device.
    Another point, my 2 kids have an iphone 12 and 13 and their battery life was very poor compared to my s22 so something definitely strange going on there, my son literally carries a charger around with his iphone because with constant snapchat, tiktok usage etc.. it dies with 3 or 4 hours as the battery is tiny, its like 2815mah, only two thirds the size of a samsung battery, something definitely not right (edited)
    Author
    Heavy use on my 13 mini gives me around 5hrs battery from 100% to 0% at least ,battery age at 80%.
    This is why I never touch Samdung devices. UK & Europe get the bad end of the stick with Exynos (edited)
    Exynos phones usually have worse camera quality also compared with SD. Don't ask me why. I had read this somewhere.
    With how many days of usage?
    Is it because it is still learning your usage patterns?
    Because I remember I purchased S23 and while it was learning my usage patterns, it gave me a poor SOT. But after 4-5 days, it was way better.
    Others on reddit have also reported poor battery life with S24 Exynos.
    I had the s21u which is an exynos chip. Never again. I don't understand why Samsung try to pass out this rubbish chip

I own the fold 4 now with the snap dragon gen 2, A huge improvement.
    Do you know why they have gone back to exynos after snap dragon last year?
    I had an s21 which had pretty good battery life but got down to around 4-5 hours screen on time and definitely needed charging at least once a day, i was hoping the s24 would have dramatically improved the battery but, alas, it feels not too much better.
    I am getting around 12-14 Hours from charge to depletion with regular usage. I am 3 days in so hoping for better optimization. I disabled ramplus and enabled lite mode today to see if that helps. Hoping, as i am bummed to be on the hook for this phone if its not smashing it. I already bought two cases so im really not keen to have to send it back, and honestly, for the pricepoint at the tradein value, there's nothing else out there that can touch the value.
's avatar