Posted 4 hours ago

SONY WF-C700N earbuds issue

I have these great buds but as soon as I get down to only 50% charge available, the left bud stops working altogether. I've tried unpairing my buds and then pairing again, same issue. I've tried googling it but I'm still none the wiser. Anybody know if there is a simple solution for this?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have the same problem with my soundpeats set although it gets down to about 30% before the right stops working. I assume it's just that the battery isn't as good in one as in the other, or is used more quickly* and you only get one overall % averaged figure for the pair and so the good one still has plenty of juice whilst the other is flat.

*in the soundpeats it is the right which seems to connect first then the left joins so perhaps the right is doing most of the heavy lifting in terms of dealing with both the phone and the left one, whilst the left only has to link to the right and hence doesn't drain as quickly - perhaps similar is happening with the sony.

that however probably doesn't help with a solution I'm afraid. (edited)
    Author
    I have been reading other reviews on my buds and it appears that it is a common issue which I never read before purchase (my fault) and just went with the various magazine write ups. I thought maybe I've got a duff pair but I'm no so sure now
    not sure about that model, but you can replace batteries in some. i literally replaced the batteries in my xm3's or whatever the model was from sony, guides on YT etc that tell you how to do it and what battery to get, and i found them on fleabay for about £8.50 each from china. no soldering or anything. you can also replace the battery in the charging holder thing, haven't done that yet, but will. that requires soldering but looks like you could probably just splice the cable and connect that way. so have a google and see if you can do it with your model before getting a new pair
    are you sure the battery level isn't the total for both buds combined
    Author
    Yes it shows one bud with 50% and the other as 0%. I have been googling over the weekend and I can now see its not an isolated issue
's avatar