Posted 12 hours ago

Speaker wire

Hi

I'm a newbie at setting up my speakers and av receiver and i had speaker cable included but I'm not sure which is the positive and which is the negative

Am i correct in thinking the black line is the negative wire and and the one without any marking on it would be the positive?

see pic

4285855_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Generally the wire with the line is positive but I don’t think it really matters as long as you wire +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve
    It the grand scheme of things i don't think it really matters.

Just attach the one with the line to the positives & the wire without the lines to the negatives.

Or the other way around. But both ends of each wire go to the same positive/negative terminals.
    You can get a phase mismatch if you use different connection methods - just make sure whatever wire you choose for the positive connection it is consistent...
    Author
    Ok thanks
    If wires are not consjstent, then left speaker woofer will be going in , whilst right speaker woofer is pushing out

hifonix.co.uk/det…BwE (edited)
    I've always gone down the route of the stripe being positive, but as mentioned above, it makes no difference so long as both ends are the same.
's avatar