Posted 13 September 2023

Steam sales seem to be getting worse...

Supposed to be a big 20th anniversary sale on at the moment and there's nothing special listed again!

Some half decent COD reductions but nothing really amazing, and most items are the same as they usually are in every sale

Ended up picking up red dead for 19.79 (I know it's cheaper from rockstar launcher but wanted it in steam), was just sick of waiting for it to come down any further and wanted to try it on the deck.

The way sports games are now too, the most recent game is cheaper than last year's and then they just get taken away from the store so you'll never get a bargain like you used to with physical disks. Which is a really big shame as some of these games have solo player missions that won't be repeated, so you have to take a game at buying them at the lowest price, but for example I don't think fifa 23 went below 14 pounds!

Half the fun of the steam deck for me was to be able to play all the old games I loved and pick them up for cheap, but the store just doesn't allow that for the majority of the games now, be it licensing or just companies being smarter and taking them down now maybe.

Feels like the only way to get a proper bargain now is to hope the games go on a humble bundle...
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    I very rarely buy things direct on Steam, but you can get cheap Steam keys from all over the place. Eneba and Kinguin are just a couple of places I've used before, but I usually start at allkeyshop and go from there.

The only issue I regularly find is the number of sellers who sell the games already on a Steam account. For me that's a big risk of the account just 'disappearing'. But even without those you can still save a load, particularly on older games.
    Author
    I always check gg first, I've been getting a few keyshops deals lately but think they are best when items appear on humble bundle. Crazy how cheap games like trek to Yomi and rollerdome went after they were on there.

I guess the bigger games don't need to offer themselves up onto huge sales or bundle sites though to come down as much as i would like them to (edited)