Posted 2 September 2023

TCL 65" C745K. Buy from Currys or AO?

I'm thinking of buying the above TV but not sure which of the 2 retailers would better handle returns or complaints. Anyone got any experience of either? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Experience drawn from personal, wider family, random HUKD posts and life:
    • Currys CS is trousers but will acknowledge 6 years consumer rights entitlement when pushed;
    • AO pays lip service to CRA but will hilariously expect the customer to discharge AOs obligations by suggesting the victim customer pays for a post-purchase warranty when an item has premature issues.

Conclusion:
    Currys offers a less resistance route to resolution.

Observation:
    consider reducing cost of purchase via funding purchase via discount giftcard(s),
    and if buying any single item over £100:
    absolutely must (repeat: must) directly pay at least 1p (or practically:minimum £1) via regulated credit to benefit from replicated merchant obligations via credit provider.
    Author
    Looks like I'm a bit late. Both these places had a £50 off voucher showing a few days ago but it appears to have disappeared. I'll hold off buying from either just now. Thanks for the feedback though.
    With Complete Shambles you can buy a £100 All4one gift card for £80. (20%)
    Then look at Cardyard to buy vouchers at 9%.
    Remember that Currys staff appear to be on commission, so do you homework on the one you want, ignore their advice, and pick the friendliest member to help you

Currys code that might still work.
    VISION50OFF (edited)
    If you goto TCLs website - tcl.com/uk/…45k and click find retailer, they list stockists.

Marks electrical also sell TCL, but their banned on here for some reason?

We've bought a couple of things from them, and found them to be very good.
    Did you buy the TV? If so, what are your thoughts?
    Author
    I didn't buy it. The offer had expired so I didn't bother. Still looking.
's avatar