Posted 1 day ago

Travel republic holidays

Has anyone booked from travel republic before?
First time booking a holiday and just want to make sure I won’t have any problems with them.

Reason for going with them is that they have decent flight times as we are flying with a child. Sun express airline with luggage included
Any help would be appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Travel Republic are fine, been around for years. Your potential issues will be with Sun Express, a Turkish 3rd party airline hired in for buckets'n'spades flights to the Med every summer. They arn't the worst choice, but neiher are they the best.
    Author
    Worse than easyJet? Not expecting high standards just hope they don’t mess the flight timing!
    Booked a hotel on the palm in dubai. It was a bargain offer and no issue.
    Would recommend.
    Author
    That’s good. I have now booked with on the beach as OH wasn’t keen with travel republic. Small price difference and everything else was the same just free fast track security
    Loads of issues last year in Antalya- and they were useless!

Paid for a private taxi transfer and was given a smelly old minibus they weren't interested!

TUI, who we booked flights with as part of the package as the flight times we good , delayed our flight home by 28 hours, and again, they weren't interested as we had to buy another flight home at a cost of €340. They also swapped the aircraft type on the way out after we paid over £100 to book seats and wouldn't refund. We did get EU compensation for the delay from TUI.

They are just booking agents, so if the transfer they book you is late for your flight home, it's your problem if you miss the flight.

Best to avoid them and book a package through Jet2 (edited)
    Author
    Jet2 don’t fly flow Gatwick or Luton do they?
    I've used them in the past and they've been fine and fairly cheap but noticed in recent years they seem more expensive than others I've checked and haven't used them.
    Booked with them a few times never had a problem with them
    I've booked hotel only and theme park tickets with them.
    There was an issue with tickets as date specific and came with the wrong date. They changed no issues just emailed and asked.
    Author
    Great thanks. I’m doing flights and hotel all inclusive
's avatar