Posted 4 December 2023

Video door bell

Finally had enough of delivery drivers doing a bad job. Today they took a picture of the wrong parcel while walking down the street and then if ignored del instructions and left it behind next doors bin 😡

So anyways I'm looking for a doorbell. All I need it to do is be able to record to SD cards and then be able to access the footage wirelessly without taking the card out. And then the usual motion detection etc. found the blink in cex A grade plus the module both come to just over 50. Does anyone know of any better or cheaper options please
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Eufy, probably more than you want to pay but a good doorbell, stores in the Homebase, view anytime, no subscription.
    Had a Amazon delivery today. The guy don't even bother to ring the doorbell...
    Author
    Just a joke isn't it, paid to do a job then do It.
    Amazon have refurb ones available - amazon.co.uk/b/?…_cr

The blink doorbell is £30.99 and ring hardwired £29.99
    Author
    I seen the blink refurb but the reviews didn't seem great. The cex one was at least A grade so should be brand new. I just didn't know if there was other alternatives
    Got a ring doorcam excellent, but you need a £39ish sub yearly for footage
    Author
    That's what I'm trying to avoid if possible. Just want to be able to store it to a SD etc and access the footage remotely if needed
    I ordered a Ring but after asking friends with them sent it back and got a Reolink, generally the best reviewed/recommended (especially without subscription) and way more flexible, fully featured without a subscription, unlike the ring and blink (blink can't record and liveview at the same time without paying, and ring can't record at all without paying). I'll be recording motion to the micro sd and 24/7 to a Raspberry Pi. (edited)
    Author
    So dues it have a SD slot in it ? And can the contents of what's recorded be accessed via a app etc ? Don't need 24/7 recording just mostly when drivers turns up and when possible other things set off the motion detection
    Maybe consider a cctv camera as they have sdcard that records for 30 seconds, night vision, free remote access, 2 way audio etc and are around £23-£40 from amazon. Need to be connected to the mains though.

Eg £23 amazon.co.uk/Sep…h=1 (edited)
's avatar