Posted 3 days ago

Work from home Monitor under £500

Hi All,

Hope everyone’s doing well looking for some recommendations on an external monitor I use a MacBook Pro so ideally one that supports USB C but not a deal breaker.

I have been looking at OLED options but finding them really expensive and unsure if I can justify the jump, monitor will be mainly for working I don’t use it for gaming, video conferencing etc the usual. A few recommend the Samsung Odyssey G5 34” UWQHD monitor it’s £449 currently with 15% discount code ontop. Anyone have any suggestion or have this monitor? Any help much appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    RTings.com is a great site to compare (edited)
    Author
    Thanks will take a look
    What resolution and size do you want?
    Do you want curved? Do you want ultra-wide?

That Odyssey seems expensive if you're not making use of the high refresh rate.
    Author
    Ultra wide if possible as I usually work across multiple windows, curved not bothered again nice to have. Didn’t realise about refresh rate I guess for me crisp quality is more important
    I have an older version of samsung.com/uk/…xu/

I use Citrix workspace so I use it full screen with in the settings have it set to be two virtual monitors if that makes sense. I'm used to the screen resolution now and can happily have two workbooks etc open side by side of not more..

Games I've played on it fine too and bit really had any issues. Only downside is when it goes into standby the light blinks and can be sure bright if in a bedroom
's avatar