Posted 20 November 2021

Would appreciate some help with Bluestacks

I'm trying to set it up for Sky Sports Mobile on Windows 11 and I've installed the NOW app on it last of all and left the settings alone, but I keep getting the "You need a Sky Sports subscription to watch on this device" error.

I've installed BT Sports on it as I have BT Sports Ultimate with EE which is their version of it and that works flawlessly and I can watch it on my TV no problem. It would be handy to get SSM set up as well though.

If anyone has any ideas i'd be grateful !.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No idea but could try another emulator. I personally use LDPlayer to watch IPTV on my PC.
    Sky sports mobile is blocked from being shared to another screen, you need the full sky sports pack
    deleted274430520/11/2021 19:36

Nice one, thanks for that. Hadn't heard of that before so I'll give it a …Nice one, thanks for that. Hadn't heard of that before so I'll give it a try.

There's also NOX player. In my experience LDPlayer runs the smoothest though and is less of a resource hog.
    That's a shame, it sounds like Sky might have put something in their app to detect if you're using an emulator and not an actual physical mobile device.
    Author
    It bloody works !. I eventually founds these settings on Reddit.

Performance:
    CPU: 4 cores
    Memory: 4GB
    Frame rate: 60
    Other 3 options all switched off

Display:
    Landscape 1600x900, 320dpi

Graphics:
    Engine Mode: Performance
    Renderer: OpenGL
    GPU in use: On
    ASTC: Hardware

Device:
    OnePlus 3T

The person who posted it on Reddit a few months back did subsequently post to say it had stopped working but it's just worked for me so fingers crossed.
    Is this still working for you? Can't seem to get it going using these settings
    Author
    jameshothothot22/11/2021 09:51

I think device might be key. Tell bluestacks you are a mobile phone... NB …I think device might be key. Tell bluestacks you are a mobile phone... NB i haven't used in ages and think the default was a Samsung phone. But that would make sense as to why an app wouldn't work if it was on a tablet not a phone according to emulator?

Yeah judging by that post I found on Reddit, it was telling the app it was a tablet and that's why it wasn't working.

Hopefully it'll stay like that as it'll mean I'll have Sky Sports and BT Sports basically free until probably midway through next season !
    I take it the device has HDMI output.
    Author
    VeganPolice20/11/2021 16:47

I take it the device has HDMI output.

Yeah i've got a HDMI cable from my PC to my TV at the moment. I set the device to the Google Pixel before I start as well and I still keep getting the bloody error.
    Author
    a666andy20/11/2021 17:21

Sky sports mobile is blocked from being shared to another screen, you need …Sky sports mobile is blocked from being shared to another screen, you need the full sky sports pack

I'm aware of the limitations of the app but it's been shown to work in Bluestacks before

hotukdeals.com/com…678
    What if you go through an HDMI splitter first (if you have one available).
    Author
    McShane20/11/2021 18:15

No idea but could try another emulator. I personally use LDPlayer to watch …No idea but could try another emulator. I personally use LDPlayer to watch IPTV on my PC.

Nice one, thanks for that. Hadn't heard of that before so I'll give it a try.
    Author
    McShane20/11/2021 19:37

There's also NOX player. In my experience LDPlayer runs the smoothest thoug …There's also NOX player. In my experience LDPlayer runs the smoothest though and is less of a resource hog.

Cheers, I'll give NOX a go as I got the same error with LDPlayer.
    Author
    McShane20/11/2021 20:11

That's a shame, it sounds like Sky might have put something in their app to …That's a shame, it sounds like Sky might have put something in their app to detect if you're using an emulator and not an actual physical mobile device.

Plenty of people on that deal thread have claimed to have bluestacks working with the app which is the annoying part.
    Author
    No luck with NOX. Kept saying streaming wasn't allowed in this country, even though i'd set the location option to this area.
    Author
    I've just finished completely reformatting my PC back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and it still won't work.

I can only assume those people who had it working did something a while ago that has since changed and it's no longer possible to get it working, which is a shame.
    deleted274430521/11/2021 14:21

It bloody works !. I eventually founds these settings on …It bloody works !. I eventually founds these settings on Reddit.Performance:CPU: 4 coresMemory: 4GBFrame rate: 60Other 3 options all switched offDisplay:Landscape 1600x900, 320dpiGraphics:Engine Mode: PerformanceRenderer: OpenGLGPU in use: OnASTC: HardwareDevice:OnePlus 3TThe person who posted it on Reddit a few months back did subsequently post to say it had stopped working but it's just worked for me so fingers crossed.

I think device might be key. Tell bluestacks you are a mobile phone... NB i haven't used in ages and think the default was a Samsung phone. But that would make sense as to why an app wouldn't work if it was on a tablet not a phone according to emulator?
's avatar