Posted 5 days ago

Xbox Headset mic has snapped after less than a year. Argos won't replace

Hi all! So I bought Xbox headset in July of last year. My mic has now snapped even though I have only actually used the mic once but Argos don't care and won't replace it. They said I damaged but I haven't because I never used the mic bar once. Anybody else have this issue?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not sure where you’re getting 1 year from. You’re well out of any warranty, the manufacturer one for the headset is only 90 days and you’d need to go to Microsoft for that not Argos. Assume you didn’t buy the extra warranty protection from Argos since that covers accidental damage anyway

Edit: since you only gave limited info I’m assuming you have the official one. If you bought another brand check their warranty information (edited)
    Author
    Sorry yeah it was the official one and from look of it seems quite a few people have had similar issues from quick Google search.
    I own 8 of the original Xbox headsets (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/xbox-one-stereo-headset/8pd10j7j6mdg). They are all faulty, but not one them suffered from a broken mic...
    They had a solid plastic boom arm, whereas the newer model has a flexible boom arm, I don't know how it could snap under normal use?
    I own one bought on release day and still working fine.

So I don't know what the heck you are doing with them.
    Argos are only responsible for the first 6 months (CRA2015, onus on retailer to disprove). Contact Microsoft and see what they say.
    Check out the "SAD FART" section here. moneysavingexpert.com/rec…ge/

As Martin points out on the radio, if you buy a 10p toy and it breaks within a couple of days then what do you expect? If you pay £100 and it doesn't last a year then you have a good reason to complain. More deets in the link.
's avatar