Refreshed 4 years ago

Corsair 275r fan configuration

3471325-TUIPF.jpg

Hi there

Just thinking about the fan configuration on my case and just wondering if it's the best set up i can do with what I've got currently.

(front panel not on Right because I'm cleaning the air filter 🥴)

CPU temps are completely fine and the fan profiles are all stock.

Just looking to give my GPU abit more air (blower style gpu). No real temperature concerns but just want to make sure it's getting enough air.

PC specs
275r carbide
Intel i9 9900k
H100x aio
32gb of ram, 4 sticks.
Community Updates
3471334.jpg
Hi there

Just thinking about the fan configuration on my case and just wondering if it's the best set up i can do with what I've got currently.

(front panel not on Right because I'm cleaning the air filter 🥴)

CPU temps are completely fine and the fan profiles are all stock.

Just looking to give my GPU abit more air (blower style gpu). No real temperature concerns but just want to make sure it's getting enough air.

PC specs
275r carbide
Intel i9 9900k
H100x aio
32gb of ram, 4 sticks.
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    deleted184260725/05/2020 18:55

Comment deleted

Because no concerns exist, i don't think anything will fail but I'm just wanting to know what i should change with my configuration.

No need to be cheeky or you'll go without a scoop of custard 🙈
    Author
    deleted184260725/05/2020 19:53

Comment deleted

40870587-3gw2z.jpg

Yeah im just going to add a third fan i think, i just want to make sure the gpu has penalty of air by adding a third fan which would basically give it air directly.

The reason why i pull air through the rads atm is to try to get the best cpu temps as you said blowers seem pretty happy to do their own thing.

The top two fans I'm just trying to use to get rid of vrm, ram, heat.
    Front: Air coming in,
    top: air going out
    rear: out
    blow config: AIO at the top.

// that is how i have my other system, my Titan X Blower.

Your lower front fans, will direct airflow direct into the blower, never an Aio air, with a blower,
    top front fan will direct air though the case, not mix air from blower card, fresh air direct into rear aio once passing top mb.
    med fan will direct flow though case central though rear. (edited)
    TheHomelander25/05/2020 20:43

Aio doesn't fit at the top mate

just relooked, 240mm onfront, follow the example then, as ur not to bad, though as u got 240mm rad on top front, and fresh though bottom fan, so basicly following what i said on the last line added.

does ur psu shoud? have any cuts? (edited)
    put your radiator on the top of case, to blow out and a couple of fans on front blowing in and one on back extracting..

corsair.com/uk/…ase the instruction book tells you how many fans you can have... (edited)
    TheHomelander25/05/2020 18:25

Comment deleted

well spec wise it should fit, but like you said radiator lengh. can you not measure to check before buying another fan. or try the back fan there to see if it fits...
    You would need a third fan for what? Why is the h100x sucking the air into the case? (edited)
    Author
    deleted145713125/05/2020 18:32

You would need a third fan for what? Why is the h100x sucking the air into …You would need a third fan for what? Why is the h100x sucking the air into the case?

Better cpu cooling, cool air pulled through the radiator. Temps don't get high on the i9 that way
    Author
    40870169-GgfTQ.jpgShould i change to something like this?

I feel my blower gpu would cause the rad to barely get any air this way
    Author
    40870243-goDV0.jpgThis is currently
    Personally go for the 3rd fan you talked about earlier. At the moment you have 2 air going in, as it's being pulled through the radiator that air is being warned up, then going around the case then blown out by the other fans, the graphics card will only have the air that has already been pre warmed as it were. If your was unsure if it would fit as you mentioned before you could always take off of the other fans and test it in the lower position. You could always try it in there for a week and see if it makes a difference.
    Author
    simon580025/05/2020 19:45

Personally go for the 3rd fan you talked about earlier. At the moment you …Personally go for the 3rd fan you talked about earlier. At the moment you have 2 air going in, as it's being pulled through the radiator that air is being warned up, then going around the case then blown out by the other fans, the graphics card will only have the air that has already been pre warmed as it were. If your was unsure if it would fit as you mentioned before you could always take off of the other fans and test it in the lower position. You could always try it in there for a week and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah the 3rd fan will pull air that hasn't been through the rad once installed, I'll probably install the same fan that's on the h100x

The cpu doesn't get very warm with this config so that was my orginal thoughts around it
    Author
    The gpu when gaming max's out at 81 sometimes but I've read that's fine on a 2070 blower.

Alot of the time when gaming it runs at 75 if i let the zotac software do its thing.
    Author
    Sarden8425/05/2020 20:42

Front: Air coming in,top: air going out rear: outblow config: AIO at the to …Front: Air coming in,top: air going out rear: outblow config: AIO at the top.// that is how i have my other system, my Titan X Blower.

Aio doesn't fit at the top mate
    Author
    Sarden8425/05/2020 20:47

just relooked, 240mm onfront, follow the example then, as ur not to bad, t …just relooked, 240mm onfront, follow the example then, as ur not to bad, though as u got 240mm rad on top front, and fresh though bottom fan, so basicly following what i said on the last line added.does ur psu shoud? have any cuts?

Can't remember tbf mate, it's got a cabling cut out

I think if i add a third 120mm to the front it'll be pretty balanced (edited)
    TheHomelander25/05/2020 20:52

Can't remember tbf mate, it's got a cabling cut out I think if i add a thi …Can't remember tbf mate, it's got a cabling cut out I think if i add a third 120mm to the front it'll be pretty balanced

defo get the bottom lower fan for the blower,

the gamemax Kam Pro is a cracking case for a blower card :D.
    done loads (since blk friday / ebay/ebuyer spec 5700xt £313/303 price) i bulk stocked it.
    Author
    Sarden8425/05/2020 20:56

defo get the bottom lower fan for the blower, the gamemax Kam Pro is a crac …defo get the bottom lower fan for the blower, the gamemax Kam Pro is a cracking case for a blower card :D. done loads (since blk friday / ebay/ebuyer spec 5700xt £313/303 price) i bulk stocked it.

Yeah i was looking at the Cooler Master MasterCase H500 and similar like the mesh version.
's avatar