Posted 12 hours ago

Amazon Locker unavailable for 24 hours but then got delivered, safe to collect?

I ordered an item to an Amazon Locker, I got an email saying the Locker won't be available for 24 hours and I won't be able to collect it in that time and that delivery would be made on the next working day, a couple hours later I got the email it had been delivered and is ready for collection

Is it best to wait out the 24 hours before attempting to collect it or the fact it was delivered means the issue of it being unavailable is now fixed? Don't want to take an hour and half out of my day if if the Locker isn't currently working
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It always says wait 24 hours just in case they don't fix that day. The fact it got delivered after your email I'd assume it was either loss of connection or fault been fixed.

I get these emails even after I've collected a parcel which is odd.

When the locker isn't working you can call Amazon and they either try to fix it remotely or log it for the engineer as soon as possible.

I've had both situations being when they can't get fixed they give you £5 for inconvenience, at least in my experience. Remote reboot fix took less than 10 minutes.

You could always call ahead just in case before you leave and they'll let you know if it's working, they can even extend your collection day too if required. Your choice really.

Doesn't sound like the locker is that local, which is a shame. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you, I assume the screen on the locker says it's not working before you try and use it in those instances?

Shame Amazon don't have a live Service Status page for the lockers
    If you are able to wait, I would wait.
    Author
    Thank you, that is my gut reaction too
    Could it be possible that the locker was full but space has now become available hence the email saying it's ready for collection ?
    Just guessing here.
    Author
    Just to update, I collected it a little earlier, it ended up being just after the 24 hour mark and all was fine just a normal pickup, thank you all for all the help (edited)
's avatar