Posted 15 April 2015

anyone had tesco groceries delivered to a caravan site?

Just wondered if anyone had their groceries delivered to a caravan site they were staying in. This is because we are going to the haven site in perrenporth and it would be so much easier doing it this way instead of traipsing to the shops.
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Oneday77

I've had a pizza and Chinese delivery to a tent, so anything is possible.

Proper roughing it! X)
    Monkeybumcheeks

Proper roughing it! X)

Do you know MBC...some people do not know they are born (_;) X)
    Monkeybumcheeks

Proper roughing it! X)

Yip, even found a plug socket for the wife's hair straighteners
    wobinb

Also worth remembering the collect from store option, depends on the … Also worth remembering the collect from store option, depends on the store location obviously

That's like......going shopping !
    deleted57959

We are going Devon Cliffs this year, now if i can get caravan number … We are going Devon Cliffs this year, now if i can get caravan number before we arrive! we will be sorted.

We didn't have one and just left our phone number and they rang us. There is a big Tesco a few miles from the site so they must do it all the time.

When I worked for Tesco, they would deliver to holiday homes. Try putting your holiday site postcode on the website and it should tell you if they deliver to that area. It might also say what store do the deliveries otherwise ring up Tesco Groceries customer service and they can find out for you by phoning the nearest store and checking with the manager.
    fern37

When I worked for Tesco, they would deliver to holiday homes. Try putting … When I worked for Tesco, they would deliver to holiday homes. Try putting your holiday site postcode on the website and it should tell you if they deliver to that area. It might also say what store do the deliveries otherwise ring up Tesco Groceries customer service and they can find out for you by phoning the nearest store and checking with the manager.

The first Tesco delivery I had experience of was to a holiday home and they broke eggs all over the rest of it put me off doing one for years
    I now know that store is so bad it has it's own thread in MISC
    Wish I had known that Sainsbury's delivered to the Haven site we stayed at when we went 3 weeks ago, my brother and I walked 3 miles to and back from the local tesco express on the windiest day of the year and the next day saw the Sainsbury's van delivering to someone on the site We did find a local indian takeaway who delivered to the caravans on our way back so ordered out the first night.
    Holy thread revived

you do realise this is 7 years old ?
    A thread from a more civilized age
    Not Tesco so probably no help but we got an ASDA shop delivered to our caravan door at haven craig tara in August
    phone the local store they will tell you but I would say they should.
    Author
    dobo37

Not Tesco so probably no help but we got an ASDA shop delivered to our … Not Tesco so probably no help but we got an ASDA shop delivered to our caravan door at haven craig tara in August

That does help as I have only just discovered that this is possible and my mind is blown did the driver ring for your caravan number or did you leave it on the website when you ordered?
    Yeah he rang and asked where abouts we were on the park, saved a lot of hassle carrying groceries!
    I've had Asda deliver to am empty field for an event I run once. tesco wouldn't though
    Also worth remembering the collect from store option, depends on the store location obviously
    We did it at devon cliffs last year. Gave them the caravan number and voila.
    logie31

That's like......going shopping !

You can plan the shop in advance, not have to fit it in the car, and not have to go round the store
    Went to Perranporth last year. There is a small Co-op in Perranporth and it has plenty of places to eat and several chippies - recommend the Pickwick or Browns chip shop but avoid the Haddocks End chippy though (chips were lousy)

Truro (about 20 mins away) good place for grocery shopping with Aldi, Tesco and big Sainsbury with hot food counter (two 14' pizzas for £9). Holywell park is only 10 mins away and is good for a day out.
    I was working at the perran sands last year, I live nearer lands end and was staying on the park.

Tesco deliver to the park, stick the postcode in, choose a caravan / mobile home, put the caravan / chalet number in the 'delivery instructions' box where you book the slot. and the part sector as well, all the different areas have different names.

They do loads of deliveries down there.

Make sure you have a couple of different contact numbers, and make sure you can get a signal where you are, there's quite a few dead spots down in the park itself, very patchy coverage around there with all the dunes, the Tesco guys will try to call on the day to confirm where on the park you are, and if they cant get through they will abandon the order until you're contactable.
    Oneday77

but they were delivered by your mum and it was your back garden
    dataload

but they were delivered by your mum and it was your back garden

Poor effort I'm afraid. We were waking The Great Glen Way. We were finishing the day at Drumnadrochit. To get to some food was gong to be another 4 mile round trip and after 20 we couldn't be bothered.
    So a quick internet search using my WAP enable phone. A delivery was sourced and ordered.
    Lovely food, amazing scenery, great weather and a relaxing setting to scoff the food.
    Yes we did this with Tesco on a Park Dean Site, no problems, delivered on the first day, didn't have to pack any food, it's the way to do it.
    Seems a job for What3Words - this would locate the caravan or whatever to within 3m. Wonder if supermarkets use it and which ones if so.
's avatar