Posted 24 December 2023

Apple Watch airpods and running question!!

hi guys im an apple man but never had an watch, now im thinking about purchasing one but one question.
if I go running I don't want to take my phone anymore but like listening to music on apps rather than Apple Music, is it possible to use an watch and AirPods and not take the phone with me?
also with a cellular watch does it need a sim in it?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yes you can you just have to put music on your watch. If you opt for a cellular watch and pay the extra to your provider you can stream.
    The watch doesn’t take a sim, it’s a kind of eSIM (edited)
    It’s a ball ache. If you don’t have the cellular version you will need to create playlists and allow watch to sync…. This takes forever!
    Author
    cool thank you, need to work out what watch to get now, havent got a clue but I wouldn't mind the heart monitor thing or whatever it is lol
    are the watch 7 any good?
    Bear in mind the only UK networks that support a cellular Apple Watch are O2, 3, EE and Vodafone, and it costs extra on top of your existing rate.

Series 7 is fine, thats what I have and am in no rush to upgrade, not enough new features on the latest versions to justify the cost.

Search FB, Gumtree etc after Christmas, there will be plenty second hand after folks receive new versions for Christmas.

If you have no need for calls texts etc whilst your running, save some money and opt for a GPS only version, you can still have music on the watch to listen to without your phone.
's avatar