Posted 2 October 2023

Best Android Alternative to Samsung Galaxy

Currently using an S21+ which does everything I need except it has a weak signal. Google suggests that this is common to the S21 series with no resolution from Samsung. In any case it's out of warranty. Reluctantly ordered an S23+ from Samsung, trading in the S21+ for what seemed like a reasonable £240. They just cancelled the order for "security" reasons, despite using the same card & address that I've used for numerous purchases from them over the last year or so.

So, given that Samsung don't want my money, what's the best equivalent, Pixel something or other? I'd really love micro SD but I don't think anyone offers that at the top end now?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You could try Pixel (quite simple and easy to use in terms of UI as it's basically stock android) or go for a Sony Xperia 5 or 1 (if current gen is too expensive could try 4th gen or 3rd gen models). Sony Xperia 5 and 1 models have an external memory card slot. (edited)
    Oneplus.
    What's your budget?
    It has weak signal with the big 4 UK networks, have you tested with each one to confirm this?
    Author
    No, but I have put the SIM in another device & got a much stronger signal.
    My signal is terrible with Vodafone (most places, sadly, including with Android auto in the car). At work and home it is WiFi calling and VoLTE mainly.
    Author
    Thanks for the responses but I've just picked up an S22+ from Ebay for a good price.
    You should have gone for the S23+ from another retailer or eBay. The battery life is supposed to be a big step up from S22+.

I am waiting for S23+ to drop in price, currently using S21+.
's avatar