Posted 2 days ago

Best place to sell phone

Hi all, for the last few years I’ve been giving my old phones to family members but used to sell them on eBay and had no issues.
However after reading the many horror stories of recent years this is not something I want to risk for my iPhone 12.
Along with that people saying about Music Magpie devaluing or even sending back damaged phones also worries me.
I know all places will have good and bad experiences but was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere you’ve sold to before and had a positive experience?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    FB marketplace for me.

I avoid eBay like the plague, too many scammers backed by eBay’s buyer protection policies. CEX I found a real hassle but it does entirely depend on the shop and staff.
    As others have said CEX is by far the easiest although prices aren't great unless you want payment in CEX vouchers. FB Market place/Gumtree next but make it clear on your ad that its cash on collection ONLY.
    No Bank transfer/paypal, no postage. Cash on Collection ONLY.

To many dodgy buyers and fees are to high to faff around with eBay nowadays. eBay always side with the buyer, far too easy for a dodgy buyer to claim they never received the phone and eBay will then just grab the money back from you.
    You can get £205 /£203 cash from online sellers such as we buy any mobile. Com
    I’m in the same position as you and music macpie have these container kiosks in most Asda store where it grades it and you get paid same day, the phone get bought instantly and left in the kiosk
    I'd use CEX if you're happy with the price they give. Makes selling it trouble free.
    Facebook marketplace.
    CEX used to be good, but my local branch is now awful. Grade everything as C until they have tested it regardless of condition. (edited)
    EBay will get you best price by miles. Your iPhone won’t be worth that much money I think would be worth the risk for the extra cash.
    And give you the most after sales stress.

Always CEX for me
    You could always try Cash Converters and see if they'll match CEX or give you a bit more. You then don't have to wait about 40 mins for them to test it like they do in CEX.
's avatar