Posted 5 September 2023

Booking hotel through lastminute.com

Hi All

im looking to book my summer 2024 holiday to Dubai.

Lastminute have the resort I have in mind several hundred pounds cheaper than other sites like booking.com, Expedia etc. I've been reading reviews and they seem to be terrible for lastminute. I will book flight direct.

if I use credit book for hotel am I protected in the event of lastminute going bust. Would travel insurance provide an extra layer of protection?

what are peoples experiences of booking hotels or holiday packages through last minute.

Any help is appreciated

thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Cant comment on this site, but one of the websites i use all over is: Stayforlong i find them the cheapest for the exact hotel.
    They seen to buy up tranches of hotel, flight or package holiday bookings and hence I also found they are cheaper than all others at times OR have availability when others do not. However customer services is indeed dire, but they have delivered on my holiday pretty much every time. If I had a choice at the same.price point I wouldn't go with them though, I like to have better customer service, but if you're saving hundreds....
    I read you say summer holiday.

Just remember Dubai in summer is insanely hot, it will be into 40degree Celsius heat and above.

Folks usually go there from November to about May when it's high 20s to mid 30s (edited)
    40 degrees will be a good day. I have experienced 35+ even at 10pm.
    My son booked a flight to Saudi Arabia via Last Minute and had a terrible experience. The flight was on BA and was cancelled 4 hours before take off, which risked losing his connecting flight. Last Minute were only contactable via chat and they kept denying the flight had been cancelled. BA were no better they kept telling him to contact the travel agent. He ended up buying another ticket on the next available flight.

This was in February he's still fighting to get a refund.
's avatar