Posted 10 hours ago

Buying prescription lenses, I have glasses frames.

Bought some glasses frames while I was in TKMaxx, obviously I can't see a flippingthing through them though.

I've taken frames into Specsavers (or somewhere) in the past to have my prescription whacked in, but does anyone have any idea what the most cost effective way of getting this done is? I don't need an eye test or the frames (obviously), just the lenses, so I doubt there's much difference where I go beyond the price.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've used the SpeckyFourEyes glazing/reglazing service for this a number of times in the past and have been very happy with it. Especially if you always opt for the free lenses on your order they'll offer you upgraded ones at a discount rather than full price if you want things like anti-glare, scratch resistance and such added on for less money.

The only time I would advise against this is if you have a prescription for prism lenses. In that case you DEFINITELY want to go to a high street optician because the measurements are a lot more important to get the most out of this prescription.
    I'm a bit puzzled surely they won't put new basic lenses in your old frames (ie reglaze them) for free?
    Both my mom and husband have used reglaze4u for lenses and they've been very happy with them:
    reglaze4u.com/
    I've used Lensology a few times good service and prices (formerly known as reglazemyglasses.com)

lensology.co.uk/
's avatar