Posted 25 October 2023

Cheap Projector Advice

amazon.co.uk/Blu…MQD

Is this worth buying for £40? Not fussy about amazing picture quality etc but I don't know anything at all about projectors
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For £40 you can't go wrong. Mind it won't be 1080p, it'll support 1080p, meaning you could plug a fire stick or blu-ray player etc into it and it'll play, but the resolution will be probably 720p
    I've been lucky to have loads of these sent to review and for the price they're good little things.
    Not sure what you'll be using it for? But the cheap ones are poop on a day time
    Author
    Thanks for the info, I only ever watch Netflix or other streaming services via a Firestick which it looks like I can connect to the projector. I rarely watch the TV to be honest, so it's mostly to have the option to upgrade the screen size for a cheap price if we all want to watch a film or something! We have blackout curtains in the living room so hoping they'll do the job if it's ever used during the day. I'll give it a go and see how I get on, thanks again!
    I had this Projector. Didn't use it much but it did get quite hot.
    The audio was a bit tinny, it wasn't too bright and I found the image had a weird look to it, like it was overly sharp.
    But for £40, you can sort of just accept those things. If you just want to point at a wall and play a movie, it'll do it.

The only thing I would worry about is what someone said earlier about reviews mentioning it overheats and shuts down. I didn't use it long enough to find out unfortunately.
    Just return it if it's rubbish
    Projector, Potuem Full HD 1080P Projector 4K Supported, 300 ANSI Lumen, 4D/4P Keystone, Auto Focus, Movie Projector Portable Compatible with iOS/Android/Tablet/PC/TV Stick/USB/Game amzn.eu/d/i…LnM

I had this for a few days. Great projector for cost. I got it for £100 on a sale.

Only returned as the girlfriend had a 1080p so wasn't worth keeping 2. Even though the auto focus and keystones was great.
    if this is genuine 1080p native, it might be ok
's avatar