Posted 1 day ago

Cost of building a brick shed

We have an old wooden shed (about 3x5m) in our back garden, which is unfortunately slowly falling apart and has some damp issues, and we were hoping to get it rebuilt in brick (roughly the same size). Unfortunately I have no idea how much these things cost these days! I hear prices have been all over the place for this stuff over the last year.

Its already on the building plan so not expecting any planning issues/costs. It also has a concrete base, but I daresay that might have to be changed/dug up a bit and relaid.

Anyone have any idea how much this sort of thing costs?
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It's not the cost of the building materials or labour you need to worry about - it's the local council planning permissions that you need to worry about!
    My dad got around it by cladding the finished brickwork in shiplap - looked like a regular garden shed, when in actuality it was an almost self contained out house (plumbed with toilet & sink, networked and electric!)

Can you guess which one?
    51713381-A4J3p.jpg
    Delete that, someone might recognise it and report you. But if you insist, go ahead.
    Building yourself - so just materials or labour and materials? 2 very different prices
    Author
    Labour and materials unfortunately... Don't trust myself with a structural job!
    See if someone near you does steel frame clad sheds. It can be made to fit your current concrete base and doesn't need foundations. Around £2k-£3k for that size. depending on if you want a PVC window and door and roller door.
    Author
    I hadn't thought of that! Presumably it might get bloody chilly though, if we used it for anything more than storage?
    Another option might be to buy a pre fabricated shed and have it delivered......
    Author
    So I wouldn't mind going with a pre fab shed, but I've some reservation that the damp issue that's there now might still be present.
    The back wall is currently against a hill (only about 1m high) but I think that's the source of the damp! (edited)
's avatar