Posted 5 September 2023

Decathlon/quechua air beam tents quality

Hi,
Tempted by the price of Decathlon/Quechua air beams tents, much cheaper than Olpro, Vango, Berghaus or other leading makes, but what is the quality/finish like? Don't want to "buy cheap, buy twice" Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Factor in if you can remove the air beam to repair or replace at a reasonable cost.
    I have Vango and it's good, I've also had a decathlon airbed that couldn't be patched due to the design....
    Vango's cheaper range often goes on sale at Costco for under £300 - I'd go for that over a Quechua. Got my Vango Airbeam from 5 years ago and it's not missed a beat being used minimum twice a year.
    I'm on my second decathlon air beam tent. The air beams on the first one failed this year while we were away, hence buying the new one. I would've tried repairing them (you can) if it hadn't been an emergency. Mine was so old, replacement air beams were no longer available. I have had quechua tents for many years and have never had an issue with them. They never leak, no matter how hard it rains. I wouldn't go with any other brand
's avatar